Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative (CVIIC)
Community Organizer Job Description (September 2022)
The Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative (CVIIC) is a Fresno County-based nonprofit organization that serves and empowers immigrant families in the Central Valley. CVIIC works with a wide range of partner organizations in the region, including nonprofit organizations, public sector agencies and private sector entities.
CVIIC has an opening for a Community Organizer position. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that requires previous experience working with immigrant families, preferably assisting them to apply for available immigration forms of relief. An ideal candidate will be able to carry out the responsibilities described below and meet the requirements necessary to achieve excellent results. The position requires availability to work on some evenings and weekends and to travel as needed. This is a Fresno County-based position, and the hired candidate will operate out of CVIIC’s office in Fresno.
The Community Organizer will work under the supervision of the Executive Director. Principal tasks include:
- Assisting in the organization and delivery of immigration legal assistance services (applications for naturalization, DACA renewals, legal permanent renewals), in collaboration with nonprofit legal services partners and pro bono attorneys
- Organizing community education/know your rights events and making presentations to the public (in-person and online)
- Participating actively in CVIIC social media activities, including Facebook Live events
- Posting events in Wordpress websites.
- Developing informational materials on topics addressed by CVIIC
- Representing CVIIC in events held with regional, state and national partners
- Carrying out necessary research
- Developing and strengthening partnerships with other nonprofit organizations, public sector and private sector partners.
- Carrying out ongoing documentation of activities and submitting reports as required by Executive Director
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by Executive Director
Desired Skills and Requirements
- At least 1.5 years previous experience addressing immigration issues and/or working with immigrant families, preferably assisting them to apply for existing forms of relief and delivering know your rights information.
- An ability to work independently and be part of team efforts
- A strong and proven commitment to work on behalf of immigrant rights and a familiarity with CVIIC’s regional network
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Full Spanish/English fluency (verbal/written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other basic software programs; a willingness to learn how to create posts in Wordpress websites
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
- Authorization to be lawfully employed
Compensation and Benefits
- $18/hour but negotiable in the case of a more experienced candidate.
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision plan for employee
- This is a full-time position that entails working 40 hours per week.
CVIIC is an equal opportunity employer.
The job skills required for Community Organizer include Organizing, Communication Skills, Social media, Microsoft Office, Presentation, Collaboration etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Community Organizer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Community Organizer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Community Organizer, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Community Organizer for your reference.