The purpose of this position is to assist in locating and vetting potential projects while simultaneously backfilling historical data. This position is critical to the bidding process and overall success of the Contracts department. The Procurement Specialist assists in the competitive environment perspective throughout the proposal/bid process. This position will assist in curating Curtin Maritime’s growth strategy to include development of a robust pipeline and competitive market research.
This position requires a person with knowledge of, and experience with, federal government contracting, applicable protocols and web portals, comfort working with a cross-functional team, good written communication skills and excellent relationship-building skills, and the ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines. Create value by maintaining a tactical understanding of the competitive landscape and intelligently discern opportunities with competitive advantage from those we should pass.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Assists in maintaining a pipeline of new business opportunities sufficient to meet established pipeline metrics.
• Demonstrates capture skills to achieve procurement goals.
• Documents the organization's procurement ecosystem within the acquisition lifecycle.
• Documents business processes focused on federal acquisition process.
• Maintains digital files of contracts, records, and other documentation.
• Actively refines bid capture process and identifies areas to improve effectiveness.
• Collaborates with team to identify and catalogue opportunities and maintains ongoing databases of bid procurement efforts as well as utilizes the database to assist in the bid process.
• Develops customer/client profiles, including customer needs, issues, opportunities, biases, market trends, etc.
• Collaborates with the contracts team to collect and analyze competitive intelligence data in areas such as competitor capabilities, past performance, recent wins/losses, and bidding behaviors.
• Tracks markets to determine best source, new sources, market conditions and trends.
• Manages historical data related to the bid process.
WHO YOU ARE:
• 1 to 2 years of experience in project procurement preferred.
• Detail oriented, with a high accuracy rate.
• Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, Excel, and Bluebeam.
• Able to multi-task in a high pace environment where long hours may be necessary.
• Understanding the importance of and taking pride in and responsibility in mastering the small things, before mastering the big ones.
• Successful in tracking and following up with multiple sources.
• Continuously demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility and ownership by being pro-active in all situations/tasks.
• Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Independent judgment and keen decision-making skills.
• Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to health and safety.
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Superb organizational skills and desire to get it right.
• This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to lift, up to 20 pounds for files, deliveries, and related supplies. Vision or correctible vision to 20/20.
• The work environment includes the frequent use of stairs.
• Ability to work in an office environment and follow HS&E protocols when walking through a maritime construction area
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, office phones, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Compensation
• Generous benefits package including Medical (Dental, Vision, STD & AD&D/Life Insurance at no cost for employee’s coverage) with additional option to elect incremental Life Insurance for employee and dependents and choice to elect Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account
Curtin Maritime is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The job skills required for Procurement Specialist include Procurement, Written Communication, Responsibility, detail oriented, Organizational Skills,and Decision Making etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Procurement Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Procurement Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Procurement Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Procurement Specialist for your reference.