** Exciting news!
Onsite hiring interviews are now available for our CURRY UP NOW location in Elk Grove (7470 Elk Grove Blvd #120). Please apply and schedule your interview appointment today. We look forward to seeing you!
$20-$23/HOUR = $17-18/HOUR $3-$5/hour in tips
$250 RETENTION BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
As a shift lead, your primary leadership goal will be to live and teach the mission and vision of the company, setting a solid and positive example for the team. Along with the General & Assistant Manager you will ensure the consistent execution of brand standards for your restaurant while developing a bench of well-trained talent for each level within your organization.
• Available to work up to 40 hours per week
• 1 Year minimum verifiable experience in a leadership role at a restaurant
• Consistently role model a guest attitude and exhibit the company’s culture, mission and values through everyday activities and behaviors. Coach, teach and demonstrate sound guest service principles to all store team members, including direct guest contact to resolve issues
• Implement Store Operating Plans, Training Manuals & Policies & Procedures to support operational and business objectives.
• Oversees, maintains, and updates effective training programs for all levels of operations
• Accountability for company/store goals, including achieving targets with focus on food & labor costs
• Clearly communicate opportunities for improvement to store management
• Ensure team's understanding of company policies, guidelines and procedures
• Regularly utilize management information tools to identify and address trends and issues in store performance with an emphasis on labor tracking
• Troubleshoots problems; promptly answers questions in response to employee assistance, guest feedback and complaints
• Prepare, communicate and educate applicable employees on changes of policies, practices or standards within the organization
• Responsible for promoting clean and safe working environments including strict adherence to all safety and health department standards
• Create excellent in-store food execution with consistency and recipe adherence as well as food safety adherence
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by a manager or owner. The employee will actively follow Curry Up Now policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
If you or your family/friends are interested, please apply today and secure a spot for the hiring interview!
Our founders firmly believe they were put on planet earth to bring happiness through food to the entire world. With this in mind, we’ve created a one-of-its-kind, cutting-edge, never-before-seen menu using clean ingredients served in a unique and approachable format that supports many different diets while staying true to our earth friendly beliefs. We live by the mantra - if we don’t get better every day, we get worse. As such, every decision we make is taken with this belief in mind.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
50 - 100
Restaurants & Catering Services
Established in 2009, Curry Up Now, the popular Bay Area family of restaurants, food trucks and Mortar & Pestle Bar, was conceived by Akash Kapoor and his wife Rana and ably supported by co-founder, Amir Hosseini. Curry Up Now takes traditional Indian flavors and presents them in a friendly, recognizable format. Think tikka masala burritos, deconstructed samosas and sexy fries. Curry Up Now has been named as one of Zagats 5 Hottest Fast-Casual Chains, SFs Best Indian Restaurants by EATER SF, and 100 Things To Eat Before You Die by 7x7.
The job skills required for Shift Lead include Leadership, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Shift Lead. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Shift Lead. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.