Crum & Forster Company Overview
Crum & Forster (C&F), with a proud history dating to 1822, provides specialty and standard commercial lines insurance products through our admitted and surplus lines insurance companies. Approaching $4 billion in written premium as of 2021, C&F enjoys a financial strength rating of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best. C&F is proud of its superior customer service platform and its claims and risk engineering services are recognized as among the best in the industry. Our most valuable asset is our people - 3000 employees, and growing, in locations throughout the United States. The company is increasingly winning recognition as a great place to work, earning workplace and wellness awards. C&F is part of Fairfax Financial Holdings, a global organization with $23.8 billion in revenue as of 2021. For more information about Crum & Forster, please visit our website: http://www.cfins.com.
What you will do:
- Lead efforts to elicit and document business requirements and business processes in a simple, clear and concise manner.
- Work with underwriting business users, Operations as well as other internal departments to determine, document and communicate accurate product requirements in the form of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Create mock-ups of potential solutions and validate them with business users.
- Assist in the identification of ways to reuse requirements across projects.
- Assist in the conceptualization of new product features and updates.
- Communicate and collaborate with application teams, stake holders, product owners and leadership
- Work with stake holders to perform, coordinate and execute User Acceptance Testing and end-user training
- Provide outstanding customer service by responding and working to resolve daily production support problems
- Review and analyze production support reports for necessary resolution
- Read/write/analyze SQL/Oracle database queries
- Manage, track, update, and report on assigned tasks
- Attend Agile ceremony meetings (stand up, refinement, prioritization, sprint planning) with Digital Delivery team as requested for assigned projects and provide timely updates to PO and underwriting teams as needed.
- Work within a cross-functional team to ensure that development solutions meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarize and understand subject matter regarding processes and implementation.
- Familiarize and understand the use of JIRA to organize tickets and plan sprints.
- Familiarize and understand the use of CONFLUENCE to document process, procedures and requirement documentation.
- Familiarize and understand Agile and/or Kanban Practices.
- Acquire other internal products knowledge to fulfill cross product solutions.
What you will bring to C&F:
- Experience working in insurance industry, ideally 7 years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- Extensive experience with at least 5 years of experience working in applications related to Property & Casualty Insurance claims, billing and/or policy administration
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills; ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Proficient communicator with ability to translate and simplify requirements into technical artifacts
- Ability to apply business knowledge to come up with solutions to improve business operation
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Agile principles
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Understanding of Application Programming Interface (API), postman
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
What C&F will bring to you
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous 401K employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent benefits that go beyond health, dental & vision. Our programs are focused on your whole family’s wellness, including your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- A core C&F tenet is owning your career development, so we provide a wealth of ways for you to keep learning, including tuition reimbursement, industry-related certifications and professional training to keep you progressing on your chosen path
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and exciting work environment
- We believe you do well by doing good and want to encourage a spirit of social and community responsibility, matching donation program, volunteer opportunities, and an employee-driven corporate giving program that lets you participate and support your community
At C&F you will BELONG
We value inclusivity and diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and welcome everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.