Cortica is looking for a per diem Speech Language Pathologist to join its growing multi-disciplinary team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission!
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual’s qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Review speech and language treatment goals and dynamic and standardized assessment tools
- Consult closely with multi-disciplinary team members to follow collaborative treatment plans and integrative strategies
- Provide individual therapy sessions as well as group and/or co-treats with other disciplines as therapeutically appropriate
- Maintain patient records, documentation, and appropriate billing in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy to ensure excellent standard of care
- Provide play based and goal-based interventions to develop receptive and expressive language skills while consider an individual’s sensory processing, regulation, and motor differences.
- Facilitate functional and stimulating experiences to target and achieve individualized goals
- Devise strategies and supports to help the individual engage in communication experiences across settings
- Collaborate with the individual and family to understand their values, interests, and goals.
- Implement programming that considers all aspects of the child, inclusive of, but not limited to sensorimotor, cognitive, communicative, recreational, and social activities
- Update patients, families, team members, and caregivers on performance of child within sessions
- Expect to be available for a variety of shifts depending on clinic need to support staff time off (vacation and call-offs); you will be provided with as much advanced notice as possible
- Be available to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month
- In this role you will likely be required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You possess a master’s degree
- A minimum of 1 year of direct experience in a similar setting and strong documentation, time management, and clinical skills
- You have excellent clinical skills that allow you to work with a variety of clients and diagnoses
- You are licensed to practice as a Speech and Language Pathologist in the state of California.
- You desire to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting
- You are flexible and open to learning
- You have an appreciation for a wide range of therapeutic approaches
- You possess a passion for working with children
- You are skilled at using software and systems including electronic medical record systems and Microsoft Office products
- You have knowledge of HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient information
- You are available to support clinics within a reasonable geographic area (preferred)
Benefits you deserve:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. Per Diem / Part Time employees who average between 26 and 29 hours per week during each 3-month measurement period become eligible for select medical, dental, and vision benefits. You are eligible for Cortica’s 401(K)-retirement plan, including a company match. Upon starting as a per diem employee, you are eligible to accrue Sick Time.