SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Referral Supervisor will serve as the leader to the Referral Specialists while providing a positive first contact to EyeCare Partners and projecting a professional telephone image through phone interaction. The Referral Supervisor will demonstrate sensitivity to patient’s needs and Patient Privacy Act, as well as demonstrate superior telephone and interpersonal skills.
· Assist in interviews, hire, train, coach, manage, maintain attendance records, performance reviews and provide corrective action if needed for Referral Specialists as required.
· Assist patients in scheduling of appointments based on individual needs and physician’s schedules while working closely with other departments and external physician’s offices to ensure smooth patient flow.
· Coordinates efforts to handle all incoming and outgoing local digital network and paper/faxed referrals while eliciting help from Patient Relations staff when needed.
· Work closely with the Director of Patient Relations, Workforce Management Specialist and Patient Relations Supervisors to coordinate efforts to ensure that all calls are promptly answered for both the Contact Center and the Referral Department.
· Maintain patient chart demographics for the EMR software.
· Organize efforts and assist with the response to Live Chat and cataract inquiries.
· Reply to and compose emails to staff as necessary.
· Work cooperatively with the Patient Relations Team and Medical Records Team to accomplish the goals of the department.
· Oversee all appointment scheduling and reporting activities as it relates to Referrals
· Maintain a current understanding of clinic operations and procedures
· Develop, implement, guide, evaluate and adjust work processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the Referral Department
· Monitor calls, QA, call reports, and down time duties for Referral Specialists to make sure workload demands are handled efficiently and effectively
· Act as a resource and remain available for questions and concerns via email, telephone and in person
· Coordinates training of new Referral Specialists
· Provide helpful feedback and positive communication while measuring performance in order to motivate Referral Specialists and promote a healthy work environment
· Work closely with and communicate regularly with other managers and supervisors to create cohesion, positive work relations and efficiency between the different departments and sites at EyeCare Partners
· Coordinate regular team meetings with Referral Specialists, Doctor Liaison and the Director of Patient Relations
· Communicate any company policy and procedure changes to Referral Specialists
· Communicate preferences and procedures of physicians and keep Referral Specialists up to date on changes to preferences and procedures
· Maintain a positive working relationship with practice physicians, extended team, patients and other healthcare professionals
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Patient Relations
· Regular and recurrent predictable attendance is expected.
· High school diploma/GED with 1 to 3 years of medical office experience
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
· Two years of management experience
· Extensive knowledge of EMR software and Microsoft Office
· Professional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent problem-solving skills
· Well organized with the ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
· Knowledge of HIPAA and Meaningful Use
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
The job skills required for Referral Specialist include Customer Service, Scheduling, Problem Solving, HIPAA, Confidentiality,and Written Communication etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Referral Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Referral Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.