You haven't searched anything yet.
Primary Purpose: The purpose of this position is to maximize the sales of Cornelius Seed products to the target market of growers and producers of corn, soybean, alfalfa and grass seed within the defined geography of..
* North Central Illinois
* Northwest Illinois
* West Central (North) Illinois
This Job posting is looking add a District Sales Manager to each region listed above**
Secondary Purpose:To develop an enriched set of sales outlets and venues by which Cornelius Seed products continue to gain market share (sales mix of seed representative recruitment and development along with targeting direct end users.)
Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Direct Reports: All sales venues and seed representatives within the outlined geography.
Overview: This position will feature a high-energy individual seeking growth and who enjoys developing a fully capable district. The district contains an established sales base with plenty of growth potential.
1. Responsible for developing a sales channel (venue) between Cornelius Seed and all farmers in the geographic district in appropriate volumes to exceed annual growth goals.
2. To serve as a direct account developer where sales venues do not exist.
3. To grow the district sales in accordance with the company’s annual growth goals as outlined.
4. Annually assist in district goal development and to develop a district growth plan covering identified sales and marketing plans by sales outlet.
5. Represent maximum product knowledge about features, benefits, agronomic management of each product and proper placement and positioning of each product within the district.
6. To oversee the satisfactory resolution of all customer and sales channel concerns.
7. Maintain a high level of customer service and retention.
8. Project a positive image for the company’s brand including timely professional social media engagement.
9. Promote the brand image and marketing programs through the sales channels.
10. Assist seed representatives and other sales channels in account follow-up to verify account balances are proper and accurate.
11. Assist seed representative and all sales channels in reaching and exceeding sales goals by leading, motivating, and training on a consistent basis.
12. Plan, plant and harvest appropriate numbers of test plots for yield comparisons. Must learn or know planter requirements and weigh wagon requirements.
13. Install signs at plots and fields to promote awareness.
14. Advise the supervisor of market developments in the district that affect sales, personnel and/or image of the company.
15. Assist home office/warehouse in seed delivery and logistics within defined territory. Company truck provided.
16. Implement all brand policies and procedures as outlined by supervisor.
17. Submit all reports as requested by supervisor.
18. Assist in inventory projected needs annually and assume responsibility for selling all projected inventory.
19. Attend and participate in meetings as requested by company management.
20. Turn in monthly expense reports and sales reports as directed.
21. Assist in other management responsibilities such as training new employees, helping conduct meetings and transferring seed as requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications for position:
B.S. or equivalent degree in appropriate agricultural field of practice OR a minimum of four years of successful sales experience in related industry. Excellent communication skills and leadership traits. A “hunter” mentality with strong closing skills who enjoys lead prospecting/generation. Team player. Detail oriented. Exceptional recruiter and presenter of information to audiences. Fundamental knowledge of computer skills and ability to learn. Ability to work required hours and travel. Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. Some overnight travel required. Valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
200 - 500
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for District Sales Manager include Leadership, Customer Service, Prospecting, Communication Skills, Motivating, Sales and Marketing, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a District Sales Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by District Sales Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for District Sales Manager positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a District Sales Manager, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Regional Sales Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary District Sales Manager. You can explore the career advancement for a District Sales Manager below and select your interested title to get hiring information.