A multi-billion-dollar, Newport Beach-based, boutique ultra-high net worth and alternative investment adviser is seeking a Summer Analyst to support our rapidly growing investment advisory business.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This is a ten-week program that will immerse summer analysts in the activities of a full time financial analyst, providing an opportunity to learn about the wealth management industry as well as Corient’s culture and values. The tentative dates of the internship are June 19th, 2023 through August 25th, 2023. Stellar analysts may have the opportunity to join Corient full-time post-graduation.
The program will begin with partner lead orientations providing hands-on training in different aspects of the industry. Following orientation, summer analysts will be assigned several projects that a full-time financial analyst would normally be responsible for. Analysts will receive intensive training designed to help them succeed in a career as an analyst and will present their completed projects at the end of the program.
• Work closely with financial analysts and department heads who will provide exposure to trading, financial reporting, portfolio construction, portfolio rebalancing, accounting, client service, investment due diligence, data analysis, compliance, operations, legal, modeling, and much more.
• Assist Client Service team to provide exceptional client service to our clients and prospects.
• Maintain a team-oriented focus, assisting other summer analysts on their projects while being able to work independently on assigned and ad-hoc projects.
• Create and finalize excellent presentation materials alongside Financial Advisors for client and prospect meetings.
• Complete and present assigned projects which will significantly contribute to Corient’s ongoing business.
• Undergraduate in their sophomore or junior year at an accredited university.
• Desired Majors- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, & Economics.
• Minimum GPA of 3.5
• Strong interest in financial markets and trends.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Maintain a positive attitude and have a good sense of humor.
• Proficient in Microsoft products (mostly Excel and PowerPoint) with strong general computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Corient hires U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Corient will require proof of work authorization.
• Must be willing to execute Corient’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Corient offers a competitive compensation package and free parking.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Corient Capital provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, Corient Capital Partners is a privately owned, independent wealth management firm with over $4 billion of assets under management that focuses exclusively on a select number of ultra-affluent individuals, their families and their companies. We offer customized investment strategies and dedicated attention to clients who seek to create an enduring legacy through the alignment of their financial strategies and their values.