Senior Software Engineer | Senior Python Developer
About Convr: Commercial Insurance Carriers are falling short on delivering compelling customer experiences. Outdated business processes, inaccurate data and technologies are holding them back from elevating and delivering on better customer experience. In addition, this is adding costs to doing business. Above and beyond the customer experience these issues increase a carrier’s expense ratio and manual entry errors cost time and money. With Convr, commercial P&C insurers manage the underwriting process from submission to quote with an on-demand software platform with a built-in Artificial Intelligence decisioning engine, empowering them to make better decisions, faster. Our vision is to transform the world through data, discovery, decision and we do that today by empowering commercial carriers with a core underwriting management system enabling a frictionless experience, delivering superior performance, optimal efficiency and world-class customer engagement from submission to quote. Make a difference in commercial and property insurance industry by joining and leading our marketing efforts.
Role Overview: Our Intake team is responsible for managing our document ingestion software, machine learning models and service layers. We are looking for senior engineers to hit the ground running with us. We build great software and are architecting the next generation of APIs, machine learning models, orchestration technologies and performance upgrades that allow us to work with more data, faster. We code together in a working Agile environment and believe in always bettering ourselves while learning on-the-job. This role reports to your Engineering Manager on our Intake Team.
Who You Are:
· Machine Learning/AI coursework preferred
· Data Science coursework preferred
· Experience building RESTful microservices and APIs
· Experience working on a Platform oriented architecture
· Experience working with databases (Elastic/Snowflake/Cassandra/RDBMS/MariaDB/MySQL/NoSQL)
· Working knowledge of JIRA, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins
· Kubernetes experience is a plus
· Experience with Bash & Python scripts for deployments
· Understands Machine Learning principals
· Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
· Great communication skills in technical concepts and solutions
· Pilot new technologies, architectures and ideas and bring them back to the team
· Ability to jump into code, work, and leave it better than when you first started
· Enjoys working in a highly feedback-oriented team setting
What You'll be Doing:
· Develop containerized microservices using Python, Docker, and Kubernetes
· Architect software solutions for complex high volume data environments
· Collaborate with the development team to maintain, fix, and improve existing applications.
· Working in a test-driven development environment
· Monitor, assess and improve current system performance
· Provide support for development/staging/production environments
· Create and maintain documentation for new and existing systems
· 3 years professional experience as a Python developer
· BS in Computer Science
· MS in Computer Science preferred
Why Join Convr?
· Full Transparency. We believe in open communication with our team and clients.
· Excellent work-life balance. We believe in flexibly because "life" happens! (Unlimited PTO!)
· Team mentality. We believe in "All Hands-on Deck"! Helping one another regardless of department.
· Everyone knows your name. We are a small company of ~50 employees. You will not be just a number!
· Growth. We believe in challenging yourself to develop your career.
· We are going places! We have a passionate team taking Convr to the next level!