Controller for growing and established privately held company
Our client is a growing and established privately held company located in Los Angeles with multiple locations to service high end clients. They have a strong reputation in the market and very customer service central. To support their growth, they need a very strong hands on Controller with strong GAAP, Accounting, Leadership qualities to offer better financial metrics, reports, budgeting/forecasting, cash flow, P&L analysis, Systems Implementation, etc.
As the Controller you’ll be directing accounting operational functions, managing the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assessing accounting and internal control systems, and guiding departmental staff.
Basically you will be responsible for protecting the assets of company, for forecasting and financial planning, and for all required financial reporting.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- In conjunction with the external CFO and Owners, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a regular basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- 15 years of progressive accounting experience including as a Controller
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business-related field; CPA/MBA is a plus
- Previous experience in public accounting is a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Job Costing, Project Management, Automotive, Collision/Repair Shop, Hospital/Clinic/Dental, Insurance, Billing industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and GAAP
Many of our job openings can be viewed at https://consultativesg.crelate.com/portal