Company is counsel of choice to an ever-expanding list of market leaders. Opportunity at this company means working alongside diverse, dynamic, and team-oriented colleagues on evolving issues and opportunities for prominent clients around the world. It’s a place to build a rewarding career by tackling new challenges; being appreciated, included, and supported; and creating lasting connections.
With approximately 850 lawyers on three continents, more than 40 practice and industry service areas, and strong cultural ties to all our locations it is a global law firm with a local feel. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility.
An immediate full-time opening for a Case Manager in our New York office. This role supports our attorneys in the Litigation Department through a wide range of litigation-related case paralegal responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists attorneys in all stages of complex litigation matters.
- Assists in all phases of discovery, including fact gathering and analysis of documents, document productions, and preparing for depositions and witness interviews.
- Maintains and organizes electronic case files to ensure case documents are easily and promptly accessible to all team members.
- Coordinates court and agency filings, including assembling motion papers and exhibits, coordinating filings of pleadings and briefs, and ensuring proper service.
- Assists with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, identifying and organizing exhibits, coordinating witness schedules, maintaining trial calendars and communicating with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Coordinates, reviews, and maintains project status tracking charts for matters, including any tasks and deliverable requirements.
- Conducts factual research to support attorney projects.
- Assists with document searches, review and analysis through various platforms, e.g., Relativity, Case Notebook.
- Performs and supervises complex cite checking.
- Proofreads briefs and other legal documents.
- Communicates with clients, witnesses, and other outside parties as requested or approved by attorneys.
- Mentors, trains, and facilitates work coordination for project assistants.
- Accurately records time worked on a daily basis.
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience performing traditional litigation paralegal functions.
- In-person trial support and experience is required.
- Proficient with computerized legal research and document retention databases for performing fact and legal research and effective management of complex evidence and case files.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with manipulating pdf files in Adobe.
- Must have excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys, paralegals and other staff members.
- Experience supervising junior paralegals and assistants.
- The ability to work overtime and travel as needed is also required.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required.
Many of our job openings can be viewed at https://consultativesg.crelate.com/portal