The Legal Assistant performs clerical and administrative functions supporting 1 managing attorney.
· Draft professional correspondence
· Coordinate and Set Hearings
· Draft basic legal documents and family law, real estate and bankruptcy forms from a template
· Prepare requests and orders for documents and cataloguing to firm’s file system
· Monitor phones/ emails and act as contact to clients
· Submission of legal documents through the court e-filing systems
· Arrange for service of legal documents and oversee the ongoing service process
· Pre-screen prospective clients and schedule calls with attorney
· Prepare client engagement correspondence and new file processing
· Prepare posts for the firm’s social media platforms and create monthly newsletter
· Document and maintain law firm’s processes and document templates
· Assisting attorney with calendar management
· Perform other administrative tasks as reasonably assigned
Job Types: Contract, Temporary, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote
If you are interested in becoming a Legal Assistant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Legal Assistant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Legal Assistant job description and responsibilities
Legal assistants work closely with attorneys to take care of some of the time-consuming administrative work that reduces lawyer efficiency and productivity.
12/10/2021: Columbia, SC
A legal assistant completes necessary routine tasks on behalf of a lawyer.
01/23/2022: Cleveland, OH
Legal assistants cannot under any circumstances practice law, give clients legal advice, or present themselves as lawyers.
02/28/2022: Manchester, NH
On behalf of an attorney, a legal assistant may be able to conduct legal research and help with drafting or proofreading legal documents and correspondence.
01/30/2022: Jackson, MS
Supports staff attorneys by performing the clerical and administrative work that requires knowledge of legal terms, documents, and procedures.
12/12/2021: Pascagoula, MS
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Legal Assistant jobs
FIND A QUALITY LEGAL ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM.
03/04/2022: Huntsville, AL
Some experience as a secretary, personal assistant, or document controller would be an advantage.
02/22/2022: Petersburg, VA
Legal Assistants require commitment to perform the high-pressure duties and responsibilities of their job.
02/19/2022: Idaho Falls, ID
Prefer at least 1 year of legal experience or applicable legal education/ legal training.
12/23/2021: Ann Arbor, MI
As such, virtual legal assistants should have some basic knowledge about the legal profession.
01/28/2022: Louisville, KY
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Legal Assistant.