About the Company
SIXENSE is the worldwide leader for the design, installation, maintenance and operation of large automated monitoring systems during the construction of iconic infrastructure across the globe. Optical monitoring instruments constitute a key component of those systems. During the last two decades, SIXENSE has developed a proprietary AMTS (Automatic Motorized Total Station) design, compatible with all major manufacturers of Robotic Total Stations. SIXENSE deployed hundreds of AMTS in the USA and Canada on small and large construction projects. Their performance relies on the robustness of their initial design and on the quality of the post-processing of the survey data, using our proprietary fully automated 3D least square adjustment software. We are looking for an experienced survey Engineer (or senior Survey Technician) in order to strengthen our capacity to deploy AMTS on our sites. The AMTS Engineer will design, supply, install and maintain (with the support of field engineers), and operate remotely the AMTS for our projects, primarily in Ontario.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Performs the work and enforces the rules in accordance with all applicable regulations, policies, methods, and practices developed by the Company; Responsible for safety in the work environment,
- Prepares submittals, designs, material purchases, and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrates ability to perform completely and successfully the design, setup and maintenance of survey-based monitoring equipment, data collection, data reduction to minimize errors induced by site conditions utilizing statistical methods, configuration of relational database and presentation of treated data into a GIS based software for professional data export to Sixense clients in support of construction activities,
- Demonstrates ability to perform completely (design, setup, completion and reporting) and successfully the following tasks:
- Pre-installation: design, building, acceptance testing, logging and records keeping, comparing installation plan to technical/client requirements, delivery to site. Notification to Project Manager of defect.
- On-site installation: assembling, installing, on-site configuring and commissioning, verification of normal readings, documenting and records keeping including Pre and Post installation photos and forms.
- Post-Installation: prepare submittals, perform necessary programming of loggers, provide information, documenting and records keeping as required to Project Manager and Monitoring Engineers for their proper implementation on the Data Management System,
- On-site maintenance and operations: routine QA inspections, calibrations, maintenance and cleaning, observe system performance, diagnose failures and subsequently failure prevention, perform repairs as necessary, document site conditions and identify potential problem areas, documentation and record keeping as required,
- Decommissioning and disposal: uninstall instruments and associated components, dispose of non-reusable parts, repatriation of re-usable parts to the relevant office, cleaning and restoration of site to pre-existing conditions, cleaning and restoration of inventoried instruments for future deployments, documentation of the inventory data base
- Attends client meetings and participates in presentations as assigned,
- Provides documentation and supports Project Manager to prepare and track claims, change orders, extra work orders, risk assessments.
- Acts as Assistant Project Manager, as required,
- Assists in risk assessment,
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree in surveying, geodesy mapping or related fields. Post-graduate degree is preferred.
- Registration with Provincial Professional Association of Engineers is an asset
- OSHA 10-hour safety training
- First Aid/CPR
- 2-4 years of experience related to Survey, Geodesy, Geomatics,
- >3-year technical experience in instrumentation and robotic total station operation, familiar with the hard/software of major robotic total station products in the market
- Familiar with AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software
- Knowledge in programing languages, SQL database and GIS software
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook relative to reporting site construction and engineering activities
- Basic knowledge of job costing procedures,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Time-management skills,
- Rational decision-making ability and accountability,
- Attention to details,
- Ability to prioritize,
- Conflict-resolution and stress-management,
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibility as needed.
SIXENSE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by applicable law.