Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of healthcare to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Medical Support Specialist. Using your Medical Assistant training, you will learn and grow alongside the Center Operations Director, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. Working one-on-one with patients as a health care provider, you will deliver routine medical care and monitor the flow of onboarding patients. Just as critical, we will look to you to mentor and encourage your team members to succeed.
As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
- Our Medical Assistant greet our patients, obtain their medical histories and verify patient information
- Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing
- Provide assistance during examinations and treatment
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by the Center Medical Director (including but not limited to PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing
- In addition to Medical Assistant duties, you will be cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communication of wait times, etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, clinical office environment
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA) preferred but not required
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.