Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: an equitable, thriving, and inclusive civil society.
Our work includes:
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 180 fiscally-sponsored projects and initiatives and manages roughly $80 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services, and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners seeks a full time Finance Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting, this position supports the finance team in managing the finances and accounting for a variety of projects related to our intermediary services.
· FFFFFBachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in accounting, finance, or business-related field. Master degree preferred. A minimum of 7 years of experience in grants, contracts administration and finance, specifically with government contracts.
· Accounting software knowledge required (experience with Accufund a plus)
· Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skill, be highly attentive to detail, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of the position.
· Excellent client service and interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution, as well as with vendors and others.
· Familiarity with databases, including accounting and Salesforce.
· High level of experience with excel required.
Salary $85,000.00 - $90,000.00
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
The job skills required for Finance Manager include Accounting, Budgeting, Initiative, Forecasting, Financial Reporting,and General Ledger etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Finance Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Finance Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Finance Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Finance Manager for your reference.