Sales Representative | Account Manager
Office Location: Oakland, CA
Commercial Energy is hiring! Do you want to:
- Earn recurring income that grows by double digits each year?
- Become an expert in the energy industry?
- Develop your sales skills?
- Work with a passionate team who is making a positive impact for California businesses?
If this sounds like you, read on!
Why join our team? These are just a few of the reasons!
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions.
- Start with a large book of business ($5M), creating immediate opportunity for recurring revenue.
- Year one on-target-earnings (OTE) are $130k-$150k, with 20% growth year-over-year.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 401(k) with a company match (First 3% of salary is matched 100%, next 3-5% is matched 50%. You are 100% vested at 3 years).
- 4 weeks PTO to start plus 7 holidays!
- Hybrid work schedule – 3 days in the office and 2 days remote/field.
- Full home office setup provided.
- 6-week onboarding program (including a training bonus) covering industry, sales, and clients.
- Ongoing career development – in areas you choose.
- Weekly 1:1 coaching/mentoring with sales leadership.
- Education assistance paid.
Stable Company & Industry
- History of thriving through economic cycles – including recessions.
- 25 years of growth, including over 3,000 clients, a 94% client retention rate and over $150M in profitable revenue.
Culture & Extras
- Performance-based culture, including clear goals, transparent metrics, monthly commissions and bonuses, and ongoing development.
- 20 annual paid hours to participate in community service activities.
- Charitable contributions matched by the company up to $1500 annually.
- Extensive menu of health plans to choose from.
- Free weekly lunches in the office.
- On-site gym.
- State of the art sales tools.
About Commercial Energy
We are a family and employee-owned energy management company who takes great pride in helping our clients manage their energy spend while lowering their environmental impact.
For the past 25 years, we have been successfully advising diverse businesses on how to lower and control their energy cost and consumption while providing greener alternatives – with no capital investment required from our clients. We now have over 3,000 clients, a 94% annual client retention rate, and over $150M in profitable revenue. We plan to double that revenue in the next 5 years!
What does an Account Manager do?
- Renew and identify additional energy solutions for existing accounts.
- Develop relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver offerings that position Commercial Energy as the best value to our clients and prospects.
- Diligently manage and utilize our customer analytics through Salesforce.
- Learn every day about the rapidly changing Energy industry.
- Build a robust network of business contacts within your assigned territory.
Qualifications We’re Looking For
- 3 years b2b sales experience, preferably selling a strategic solution.
- Proven success working in a high-activity sales environment, holding 10-15 meetings per week.
- Strong math skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university.
- Click on the blue “Apply” button below to upload your resume.
- If your background seems like a fit, you will be contacted by our Talent team, to set up an initial meeting. In this meeting, we will talk about your background, your future goals, and what Commercial Energy has to offer.
“We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”