We are looking for a Project Manager that will be responsible for Managing, directing, and supervising the work efforts of assigned staff and coordinate the technical and managerial direction provided by Management regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects. Responsible for monitoring and assisting in the achievement of department, division, and corporate financial measures.
• Prepare effective work plans and man-hour budgets for approval by Department Manager. • Monitor time schedules and capital cost budgets on projects to satisfy the client as well as control work and productivity. • Responsible for the quality control/quality assurance process on all assigned projects.• Oversee the work and productivity on assigned projects.• Strive to achieve predetermined goals for profit, productivity targets, and schedule of deliverables. • Participates in formulating and coordinating proposals and provides other Marketing support, including Business Development.• Identify the project team, work packages and tasks, evaluation methods, productivity targets, schedule of deliverables and man power needed on projects. • Hold team meetings ensuring procedures governing review and approval of projects are followed prior to submission of completed work. • Negotiate with clients on any scope changes relative to project budgets and schedules subject to supervisors’ approval. • Coordinate and communicate effectively with all employees involved in the project to ensure high utilization rates (i.e. Project team meetings). • Review monthly man-hour and cost reports to ensure projects are being completed at the pre-determined goal. • Ensure everyone involved is working in accordance with all project planning and profit control procedures. • Ensure that all scope revisions affecting the project schedule and/or budget are discussed with the client. Ensure that all out-of-scope work and associated fees are approved by the client prior to performing the services. • Solicit help and involvement from Department Managers and any other managers to troubleshoot any technical problems. • Prepare for and present when expert testimony is required for public hearings and other presentations. • Works efficiently with the Billing Department to authorize and transmit bills to client. Follows up with clients for timely payments.
• Education: BSEE required, MSEE Preferred• Experience: 10 years
• Power transmission / distribution and substation design experience preferred
• Licensure/Certifications: Professional licensure in related field, Valid driver’s license preferred
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D or other job related software• Aptitude to learn, apply and teach others technical skills and knowledge• Excellent time management, delegation and organizational skills
At Colliers Engineering & Design, our people are our most important resource. That’s why we are committed to providing all our employees with a safe, comfortable work environment, potential for career advancement, and the ability to impact society through their projects as well as Company sponsored activities.
This dedication begins with supporting a work life balance through a generous compensation package that includes: company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid pregnancy disability leave; short- and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; a company-matched 401(k)/Roth; paid time off that includes parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses and a straight time policy that compensates exempt employees for billable hours worked in excess of 40 billable hours within a work week.
We have also created an internal culture that provides the resources and technology needed to encourage personal and professional growth opportunities through reimbursement for education; a free in-house resource for hundreds of educational and self-enrichment courses; mentorship program; wellness program; Women’s Organization and ongoing philanthropic opportunities.
Apply today to learn how you can join our team of professionals, so we can help you Accelerate Your Success!
The job skills required for Electrical Project Manager include Billing, Quality control, Time Management, Communicates Effectively, Dedication, Organizational Skills etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Electrical Project Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Electrical Project Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Electrical Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Electrical Project Manager for your reference.