About the role
We are looking to hire a UX/UI Designer to join our team based in US/Remote.
You’re a team player who is ready to make the role your own and bring your own ideas and innovations to the table. You will help us design the best experiences for customers using the Sparklite platform, driving best UX practices and UI design for existing and new features, and services. You’ll also work closely with other designers on the team, critiquing each other’s designs and encouraging each other to learn and grow.
You’re innovative, quick-thinking, and eager to learn more about what’s happening in the interactive space. Your UX design skills are top-notch, and you have a knack for making the complex clear. If this sounds like you, come and join us.
Now you may be wondering what your day-to-day will look like. You will...
- Work closely with the product team to understand business and customer requirements and provide user experience input, to help develop use cases, user stories, translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows. Adapting and evolving the platform design in a rapid and efficient way.
- Create UX design assets throughout the process including research, story mapping, customer journey mapping, user flows, rapid sketching and quick turnaround of initial ideas, wireframes, prototyping, usability testing, UI design, design spec and hand off to the developers.
- Understand customer’s needs through market analysis, research, usage analytics, evaluate user feedback and create necessary documentation to share your findings with the product team and key stakeholders.
- Usability testing new and existing features using prototypes, both internally and with external clients.
- Competitor analysis, researching best in class companies in other domains for best practices.
- Collaborate with our global multidisciplinary teams and other designers to continuously look for ways to improve the user experience, innovate our enterprise platform and add more value to the business.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the user experience and create more value for the business. Thinking outside the box.
- Management of day-to-day work. Keep and set deadlines and look for areas of improvement to maximize efficiency.
- Contributing to style guides and design system.
- Align interaction patterns and usability standards across products.
What skills the candidate will need to get the job done…
- 3 years UX design experience and involvement in building tech products for B2B/B2C/E-commerce.
- Experience in designing PLG and complex enterprise/SaaS/tech/software products.
- Higher diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction / Interactive / Multimedia Design, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong portfolio showcasing an excellent understanding of UX design processes and deliverables such as, personas, story mapping, user flows, initial ideation sketching, wireframes (lo and hi fidelity), and prototypes.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles, techniques. And a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Confidently communication and storytelling skills to effectively articulate your concepts/ideas and design decisions, through sketches, white-boarding sessions, wireframes etc.
- You understand how to balance technical constraints, user needs, and business requirements to push for the best possible user experience.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps and create necessary documentation to share your findings.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working within a team, and the ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams across the organization.
- Be open to receiving and giving constructive feedback.
- Experience with Figma and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in Agile development environments (using Jira/Confluence).
- Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet new deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and take pride in the quality of your work.
- Passionate about all things UX and keeping up to date with the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Nice to Have
- Product design experience with No-code platform and/or insurance/finance industries.
- Knowledge in content strategy, UX copywriting, information architecture.
- Illustration, graphic design skills.
- Animation, video creation.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS a plus.
Working at Coherent
Coherent is a software company with more than 250 people across Hong Kong, Singapore, USA, Thailand, Japan, Philippines, India and China. We have a passion for making things work faster, simpler and smarter. That passion extends to how we work, collaborate, and represent our growing brand.
Every Coherent team member is empowered to think creatively and act decisively to solve our clients’ problems. We strive to cut away complexity and hierarchy, so you can focus on the work at hand. This means everyone gets opportunities to take the lead on projects and grow their skills and abilities. At Coherent, you don’t just take a job, you seize the opportunity to build a career. We seek out individuals who show natural curiosity, determination, and enjoyment. And we help you thrive.
Perks of working at Coherent
- Competitive salary packages
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Special Events (Hackathons, etc.)
- No formal dress code
- Non-hierarchical organisation (no BS)
- Generous leave benefits
- Fun international work environment
- Global mobility opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities
Coherent is committed to diversity and inclusion as important elements of our company culture. We value individuals for their unique experiences, talents, and contributions they can bring when working together as a team. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, or disability.