Join Cleveland Clinic’s Mercy Hospital where research and surgery are advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is world-class, and caregivers are family. Officially becoming a full member of the Cleveland Clinic Health System in 2021, Mercy Hospital offers 476 beds and a wide variety of medical specialties to the communities in and around Stark County. Here, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Surgery Unit, you will provide care to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures. You will perform scrub and circulating functions, prepare the OR, surgical instruments and equipment for surgery and assist the operating physician with surgical tasks. The ideal future caregiver is someone who: • Demonstrates a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and decisive judgement. • Excels in a fast-paced and stressful environment. • Appropriately responds to changes in patients’ conditions and takes appropriate action. • Thrives in a team environment. At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.