At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming the patient experience, every day. We all have the power to help, heal and change lives - beginning with our own. That's the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team, and The Power of Every One. Job Title
Medical Assistant Location
North Dover Family Med Center Department
First Care-Cleveland Clinic Union Hospital Job Code
8:00am-8:00pm Job Summary
Join the Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
A Medical Assistant in this role, will become familiar with performing health screenings, collecting specimens, administering medication, updating health records, keeping medical supplies stocked, maintaining examination areas, and monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions. You will also perform a variety of administrative duties, such as appointment scheduling and patient registration, which offers a unique learning opportunity that will expand your skillset.
The potential future caregiver is someone who:
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Is organized, and efficient
- Is eager and willing to learn.
- Has a positive disposition.
We offer our caregivers many opportunities for professional development. Tuition Reimbursement, The Professional Ladder Program, professional development courses through our Global Leadership & Learning Institute, and opportunities to advance into management are just a few.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare. Job Details Responsibilities:
- Assists with performing screening and treatments by gathering information related to health maintenance, collecting specimens, performing tests, and documenting patient care.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Administers specific medications under direction of provider.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning by updating the health maintenance tab.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient registration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program. (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee)
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Completion of a clinical externship. (Extensive clinical experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical externship).
- MA Certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our caregivers and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. All offers of employment are follwed by testing for controlled substances and nicotine. All new caregivers must clear a nicotine test within their 90-day new hire period. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after one year.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program. You will be required to comply with this program, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities