At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming the patient experience, every day. We all have the power to help, heal and change lives - beginning with our own. That's the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health System team, and The Power of Every One. Job Title
Emergency Department RN Location
Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital Department
Emergency Service-Cleveland Clinic Mercy Hospital Job Code
7:00am-7:30pm/9:00am-11:30pm Job Summary
Join Cleveland Clinic's Mercy Hospital where research and surgery are advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is world-class, and caregivers are family. Officially becoming a full member of the Cleveland Clinic Health System in 2021, Mercy Hospital offers 476 beds and a wide variety of medical specialties to the communities in and around Stark County. Here, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
Mercy Hospital's Emergency Department (ED) is looking to add a Registered Nurse (RN) to their multi-disciplinary team of caregivers. This state-of-the-art ED features 49 patient beds and a 5-bed triage/super-track treatment area allowing our caregivers to provide fast, safe and top-quality patient care. As an RN, you will be responsible for providing direct patient care, monitoring, recording and communicating patients' condition, implementing and monitoring patient care plans, administering medications and treatments, and maintaining up-to-date patient records.
The ideal future caregiver is someone who:
•Has current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
•Is reliable and proactive.
•Provides care with compassion and empathy.
•Thrives in a team environment.
•Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best interests.
Cleveland Clinic values and supports our nurses by offering student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement to eligible full- and part-time RNs.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare. Job Details Responsibilities:
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our caregivers and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. All offers of employment are follwed by testing for controlled substances and nicotine. All new caregivers must clear a nicotine test within their 90-day new hire period. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after one year.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program. You will be required to comply with this program, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities