You haven't searched anything yet.
Join Cleveland Clinic’s Union Hospital, which has been serving Dover, Ohio and its communities for over 100 years. Our hospital was founded with the promise to provide world-class quality healthcare to all patients, and we are continuing that mission to this day. With our team of talented caregivers, you will gain the experience and knowledge you need to enhance your career skillset. At Cleveland Clinic’s Union Hospital, you will work towards lateral growth to build a rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
We are looking for a Patient Care Nursing Assistant to join our team of devoted caregivers. Within this rewarding role, you will provide and assist with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with keeping the patients' rooms clean and orderly.
- Reporting abnormal findings and changes in patient's conditions.
- Helping patients with personal care and activities of daily living.
- Monitoring patients' health and changes in physical or mental conditions.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Shows compassion and empathy in a patient-centered environment.
- Can multitask in stressful situations.
- Comes prepared, eager, and with a willingness to learn.
- Has a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and is certified as a State Tested Nursing Assistant.
Most of our positions are variable days, rotating 7a-7p, 7p,7a shifts or straight 7p-7a shifts. You are required to work every other weekend and every other holiday.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who are flexible and would like to advance their career growth opportunities within Cleveland Clinic. This opportunity also offers multiple opportunities for professional development.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand in hand.
· Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
· These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
· Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
· Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
· Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
· Other duties as assigned. Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
· Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
· High School Diploma/GED.
· State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
· Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
· Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.
Complexity of Work:
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
· Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program may substitute the clinical rotation for the required experience.
· Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
· Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
· Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds for force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
· Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.25 - $18.75 per hour
Work Location: One location
500 - 1,000
The job skills required for Patient Care Nurse Assistant include Patient Care, Basic Life Support, direct patient care, Health insurance, Retirement Plans, Critical Thinking, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Patient Care Nurse Assistant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Patient Care Nurse Assistant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Patient Care Nurse Assistant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Patient Care Nurse Assistant, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Nursing Assistant that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Patient Care Nurse Assistant. You can explore the career advancement for a Patient Care Nurse Assistant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Care Nurse Assistant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Patient Care Nurse Assistant for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Patient Care Nurse Assistant job description and responsibilities
Nursing assistants help perform critical tasks that ensure patients are well-cared for and safe during their hospital stay.
05/06/2022: Pittsburgh, PA
CNAs are on the frontlines of providing basic patient care, making patients feel comfortable and calm, and seeing that their needs are met.
04/24/2022: Lorain, OH
Nursing assistants help patients of all ages perform the most basic daily tasks.
06/08/2022: Augusta, GA
Nursing assistants may be certified (CNA), registered (RNA), licensed (LNA) or state tested and approved (STNA).
05/21/2022: Charlotte, NC
“They are a great support to a medical practice by having the ability to perform both patient care duties and both front- and back-office duties.”.
04/21/2022: Biloxi, MS
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Patient Care Nurse Assistant jobs
Because they are not legally responsible for the medical care of the patients, they must practice under those who are.
05/10/2022: Kingsport, TN
For CNAs to practice, they must be under the supervision of registered nurses or licensed practical nurses.
06/05/2022: Brownsville, TX
Certified Nursing Assistants must complete a state-approved certificate program before entering the workforce.
05/12/2022: Jacksonville, FL
Applicants without previous health care experience are often able to acquire DPC experience working as a medical or nursing assistant, or aide.
04/02/2022: Frankfort, KY
The NNAAP or National Nurse Aide Assessment Program examination is required in many states for licensure as a CNA.
04/03/2022: Lompoc, CA
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Patient Care Nurse Assistant.