Automotive Technician Job Description
Lone Star Cadillac is looking to add qualified Automotive Technicians to our team! At Lone Star, we offer a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for all its associates. If you've got the horsepower to join a fast-paced environment and the ability to hit high standards, then apply today!
The Technician's primary goal is to ensure an extraordinary client experience while creating client advocates. The Technician position will also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles with integrity and ethics and maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work in accordance with dealership policies and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to drive and operate vehicle
- Examines vehicle, diagnoses, and if needed, discusses with the Shop Foreman or Service Advisor as to the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Communicates additional service requests to the Service Advisor for communication to client
- Plans work procedure in cooperation with the Shop Foreman
- Provides labor time estimates to the Service Advisor
- Monitors repair time and updates Service Advisor on status often for client vehicles left for service, and for waiting clients
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Completes documentation for client repairs
- Knows and understands dealership computer systems
- Assists Technician Trainees
- Wears approved safety glasses when in designated safety areas
- Keeps work area clean and tidy
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred 2 years of experience.
- 401(k) including company matching
- Full Benefits Package including Medical Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
**Must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check & Must have a valid drivers' license.