NATURE OF WORK
This classification involves providing semi-skilled manual services and maintenance work in the operation and supervision of municipal buildings, parks, and recreation facilities.
An employee in this position performs maintenance, custodial, and security work of a responsible nature at various municipal facilities within the City. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning restrooms and buildings; operating power tools and lawn maintenance equipment; trash removal; maintenance of sports facilities; set-up and take-down of meeting halls and other tasks which may involve heavy manual work. Incumbents are responsible for the detection and prevention of damage to facilities through enforcement of facility rules and regulations and supervision of facility patrons.
Employees generally work independently to achieve objectives of safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing facilities. Supervision is generally received from supervisors who periodically inspect work in progress and upon completion to ensure satisfactory performance of assignments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs unskilled and semi-skilled tasks relating to the maintenance, repair, and improvement of park and recreation facilities and buildings; operates electric and gasoline driven power tools including strings trimmers, edger, chain saws, pumps, lawnmowers, and hand held power tools
- Serves as a trades helper to maintenance and sprinkler mechanics by performing semi-skilled carpentry, painting, cement, fencing, and irrigation work; receives on-the-job training in higher level semi-skilled and skilled trade
- Performs minor maintenance of facilities and grounds which include landscaping, gardening and various custodial duties
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and restocks paper products
- Moves furniture, tables, and chairs, for meeting and banquets as directed; cleans up spills; and enforces rental agreements
- Regularly inspects facilities and takes corrective action to remove safety hazards, graffiti, and signs of vandalism
- Prepares required documentation relating to deficiencies in facilities or equipment, hazardous situations, and incidents of disorder or violations of City and departmental rules and regulations. Prepares written reports
- Assists the public by providing general facility information and direction, advice on rules and regulations, resolution of disputes, and dispensing first-aid supplies and advice on their application
- Performs related work as required and as directed
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of GED equivalency diploma
- PROOF OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF COMPLETED EDUCATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS AN ATTACHMENT WITH APPLICATION. (Applications without attached proof of education will not be processed for consideration.)
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- One (1) year full-time janitorial and/or maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must obtain a valid Florida driver’s license prior to hire.
NOTE: This position may require you to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Tasks are regularly performed outdoors with potential exposure to conditions which include but are not limited to: varying temperatures, inclement weather or other adverse conditions.
- The ability to perceive and differentiate visual cues or signals. Tasks require the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through personal contact, the use of the telephone and/or other City-issued technology devices.
- Physical capability to effectively use and operate City assigned vehicles, golf carts, and manual or power tools.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual janitorial/ maintenance labor.
- Ability to climb, balance, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push and/or pull, twist and make repetitive hand movements.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to load, carry, lift, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand exposure to the following conditions without stress: excessive noise, unpleasant odors, chemicals/other environmental substances, blood borne pathogens.
- If applicable: Perform work at locations with exposure over, in and around water, which may not be accessible to the physically handicapped.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to acquire knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures pertaining to the usage of recreation facilities.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in custodial and landscape maintenance work.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring physical strength and endurance where required.
- Ability to understand the geography of the building or facilities of assignment.
- Ability to meet the public effectively to give information regarding facilities and regulations and to ensure the safety and welfare of visitors.
- Ability to deal firmly but tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out simple written and oral instructions.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Skill in the use and care of hand tools and other related materials and equipment.
- Some knowledge of minor repair, maintenance and construction.
- Some knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precaution methods
IT Outsourcing & Consulting
About City Of Sunrise
The City of Sunrise, located in western Broward County, is home to approximately 92,000 residents and host to several million national and international visitors each year. Situated in the heart of the tri-county region (Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach), we are proud to be the gateway to a vast number of residential, business, entertainment and cultural opportunities - and the stage for spectacular, color-washed sunsets. Sunrise is the 26th largest of Florida's 400+ incorporated municipalities, as well as one of its most progressive. Yet it remains a friendly place where natural beauty is v...alued and lush landscaping is used to enhance neighborhoods, thoroughfares and public places. Sunrise also maintains its long-standing commitment to developing and maintaining itself as a sustainable community that preserves the past while planning for the future. A full-service city with a staff of approximately 1,160 and an annual budget of just over $340 million (fiscal year 2016-2017), we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional environment in which to live, work and play. That's why we're South Florida's leader in providing quality-of-life facilities and superior city services. Whether you're a Sunrise resident or business owner - or are planning a visit to our City - we hope you'll find this site a rich source of information. Welcome.
The job skills required for Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022 include Carpentry, Painting, Communicates Effectively, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Painting
For the skill of Communicates Effectively
The following is the career advancement route for Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022 positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Facility Maintenance Technician III that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022. You can explore the career advancement for a Facility Attendant (Leisure Services) 113022 below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.