You haven't searched anything yet.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS--Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads, oversees and participates in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for providing planning services to the City; assigns work activities, projects and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
2. Performs complex planning duties on difficult current planning projects; ensures compliance with City and other mandated rules, regulations, policies and procedures; identifies, negotiates and resolves complex, sensitive and controversial land use issues.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned programs; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
4. Oversees the preparation and processing of a variety of complex plans for areas in the City of Rialto.
5. Reviews plans; conducts investigations to determine compliance with City codes; determines compliance with Federal, State and local laws; presents findings.
6. Establishes and maintains necessary files pertaining to planning records, reports, maps and related files.
7. Serves as the liaison for the Planning division with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues.
8. Serves as staff representative on a variety of boards, commissions and committees; prepares and presents staff reports, maps, visual aids and other necessary correspondence; serves as staff liaison to the Planning Commission; prepares and presents technical reports regarding land use to the Commission and other groups; chairs the Development Review committee; coordinates reviews of development projects with other City departments.
9. Provides responsible staff assistance to the Director of Community Development.
10. Conducts a variety of organizational studies, investigations and operational studies; prepares various reports as directed by the Director of Community Development; recommends modifications to programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
11. Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES Minimum requirements as a condition of hire:
Three (3) years of professional level planning experience including one year at a lead or supervisory level.
Bachelor's degree with major course work in urban planning or a related field.
License and Certification:
Possession of a State of California driver license.
A City application form and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) MUST be submitted and received by the closing date. Please apply online at www.yourrialto.com. All other employment inquiries can be directed to The City of Rialto, Human Resources Department. 246 S. Willow, Rialto, CA 92376. Telephone: (909) 820-2540.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate through their application material that they meet the employment standards outlined above. All properly completed applications will be reviewed, and the most appropriately qualified individuals will be invited to continue in the selection process. Examinations for the positions may consist of any combination of written, performance, and oral exams to evaluate the applicant's skills, training, and experience for the position. Successful applicants will be placed on an eligibility list. The City may also merge lists. The selected candidate(s) must successfully complete pre-employment clearances which may include a physical, drug screen, and fingerprinting.
Veterans Preference Credit Eligibility:
Veterans of the armed forces, who have been discharged or released from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable (Government Code: 18540.4), shall receive an additional five (5) points to their final examination score for ranking purposes only. This preference will apply only to the first appointment to any regular full-time City appointment. A copy of your valid DD214 must be submitted on or before the final filing date in order to be eligible for Veterans Preference Credit. For more information, please see the City's Veteran's Preference Policy.
The City of Rialto is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees in the United States.
The job skills required for Senior Planner include Planning, Administrative Support, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Senior Planner. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Senior Planner. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Senior Planner positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Senior Planner, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Planner/Scheduler IV - Construction that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Senior Planner. You can explore the career advancement for a Senior Planner below and select your interested title to get hiring information.