City of Pacifica
Invites you to apply for the position of:
$5,740.74- $6,779.14 Monthly
An opportunity awaits a City of Pacifica employee for the position of Equipment Operator, a position where the employee would operate varied construction and maintenance equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB. This individual operates graders, rollers, crawler tractors, front-end loaders, backhoes, street sweepers and similar equipment in working on a variety of construction and maintenance projects. Maintenance projects include the operation of equipment in the maintenance of streets, sidewalks, curb, gutter, sewers, storm drains, utilities and other public works. Other responsibilities include making minor repairs to equipment, installing sweeper brooms; may supervise several co-workers on occasion.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS. Employee must be able to drive, possess and maintain a valid Class A California driver's license. As required by the Department of Transportation, this individual is required to undergo random drug and alcohol testing.
The ideal candidate is one with any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) years of experience in the operation of motorized equipment, including some experience on heavy equipment. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the mechanical operation of diesel and gas powered construction and maintenance of motor equipment, knowledge of the maintenance of equipment; skill and ability in the operation of equipment; manipulative skill and mechanical aptitude; has the ability to follow oral and written directions, has the ability to do skilled construction and maintenance work in connection with the equipment operation. Candidate must be able to estimate material needs and timing and maintain records. Must be able to get along well with others.
PHYSICAL FACTORS OF THE POSITION. This individual must have the stamina and strength to perform the requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, crawl, kneel, bend (and repeatedly bend), climb using both legs and arms, ability to use both hands and legs, carry, lift, push, pull; visual requirements include nearsightedness, distance and depth perception; exposure to inclimate weather including cold and dampness; ability to withstand noise and vibration. This position may work irregular work hours and may work below ground.
The City's comprehensive benefits package includes:
Holidays: Thirteen (13) days per year.
Vacation: From 11 to 27 days per year, depending on length of service.
Sick leave: Accrual is one day per month, with no limit on accrual.
Retirement: The City contracts with CalPERS to provide a retirement plan that utilizes the formula of 2.5% @ 55 for "Classic members" or 2% @ 62 for "PEPRA members." Classic Members contribute 8% employee contribution plus 2.5% employer cost share for a total contribution of 10.5%. PEPRA members pay 6.75% employee contribution plus 2.5% employer cost share for a total contribution of 9.25%.
Insurance: The City provides its employees with a medical insurance allowance that allows employees to purchase medical insurance through either Teamsters Union #856 Health and Welfare or CalPERS medical benefits plan. Some plans require employee contributions. Employees with proof of qualifying health insurance coverage through another group health plan may qualify for a "Health In-Lieu Payment" when declining city coverage.
The City contributes toward a dental insurance plan and vision plan for employee and all eligible dependents.
The City pays premiums for:
Training: The City will pay up to $2,000 per fiscal year toward the cost of books and tuition required as part of courses taken that are job-related.
Deferred Compensation: Employees may participate in a choice of three deferred compensation plans.
Union Membership: This position is represented by the Teamsters Local 856, Miscellaneous Unit.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
100 - 200
$10M - $50M
Pacifica is a city in San Mateo County, California, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean on the west and the northern end of the Santa Cruz mountains to the east.
The job skills required for Equipment Operator include Transportation, Life insurance, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Equipment Operator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Equipment Operator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Equipment Operator positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Equipment Operator, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Field Service Rep. II - Electronic Equipment that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Equipment Operator. You can explore the career advancement for an Equipment Operator below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming an Equipment Operator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Equipment Operator for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Equipment Operator job description and responsibilities
Equipment operators report to on-site supervisors and collaborate with other construction personnel to meet construction goals.
12/18/2021: Beaumont, TX
Conducts regular maintenance on assigned equipment and strictly adheres to maintenance requirements.
02/10/2022: Virginia Beach, VA
Sustain a safe work area by setting up appropriate barricades, warning devices and proper vehicle and equipment placement.
01/03/2022: Fort Smith, AR
Take precaution to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers or falling objects.
12/16/2021: Santa Cruz, CA
Performs preventative maintenance procedures and operated field equipment. Required to maintain a safe working environment and follow strict OSHA regulations.
12/16/2021: San Bernardino, CA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Equipment Operator jobs
Operators should be alert, detail-oriented and familiar with safety and health guidelines.
02/05/2022: Peoria, IL
Six months verifiable experience within last two years of equipment operator experience, preferred.
02/25/2022: Hialeah, FL
Several states required special licenses to operate specific equipment such as loaders and backhoes.
01/31/2022: Madison, WI
Vocational training programs are also an option for becoming a heavy equipment operator.
12/27/2021: Pittsfield, MA
Ability to operate other heavy equipment is an asset but not required.
12/29/2021: Fargo, ND
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Equipment Operator.
For many organizations, a resume and cover letter are not enough for them to make a hiring decision. If this is the case, you may be asked to complete a job application as wellHow to Describe Your Education in a Resume
It takes time to build a resume. This is especially true if you choose to tailor your resume to each job you apply for.How to Write a Memorable Cover Letter in 5 Ways
There seem to be many different ways to mess up cover letters, and so many questions to ask. Is your cover letter formal or casual enough? Is it too long or too short?4 Personal Finance Tips to Make During Job Transition
A job transition is stressful, mainly if you're unsure of where you want to go. Besides a new position or company, you may also consider moving to another city or country to find work.4 Best Camera Setups for Interview
In the past few years, more companies switched to online interviews for their hiring process. About 86% of companies practice virtual interviews, which will most likely increase.Keeping a Job Search Journal: 9 Types of Journaling You Can Do
Job search journals can help capture your mood, disappointments, enthusiasm, discoveries, and connections during your job hunt.