Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Employee Services Department is actively seeking a Training Specialist.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 12 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is professional educational curriculum training work in developing, conducting, implementing, and coordinating training programs. Work requires a basic understanding and application of the theories, principles, and practices of educational and/or workplace training, usually gained through degree granting schools, or an equivalent level of practical knowledge gained through experience. Contacts with others require skills in understanding people, sensitivity to others' points of view, persuasiveness, assertiveness, and the ability to influence behavior, change an opinion, or turn a situation around. Work is performed following standard procedures and practices and requires the exercise of independent judgment. Work is performed in office, classroom, and field environments. The physical demands consist mainly of sitting or standing for extended periods of time and occasionally lifting and moving moderate to heavy objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Operates standard office equipment such as a calculator, computer, and copier and specialized training equipment. Work is performed under limited supervision where the work assignments are subject to established procedures, practices, and techniques, the employee plans and organizes his/her own work, and the work is reviewed for results achieved.
- Develops and facilitates training for youth and/or adults.
- Analyzes training needs and establishes training objectives.
- Arranges and schedules training classes.
- Determines facility needs and secures classroom space as needed.
- Assists in the development and administration of training budget.
- Evaluates training program effectiveness through analysis of content, presentation and post-examination of participants.
- Coordinates in-service and other training conducted by staff or contract personnel.
- Interviews prospective students and staff and recommends participation in the program.
- Instructs and participates in training classes which may include extensive physical activity such as defensive tactics and physical agility training.
- Establishes and maintains training records and files.
- Maintains statistics and prepares reports on training programs.
- Plans, researches, develops, coordinates, presents, and administers various types of education curriculum.
- Serves as consultant to departments to identify and resolve training issues.
- Understands and applies policies, procedures, and written directives.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Jacksonville’s competencies.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of training principles, methods, and procedures.
- Knowledge of syllabus development and instructional techniques.
- Skill in application of instructional methods and procedures.
- Ability to train, schedule, assign, monitor, and review the work of others.
- Ability to analyze training records and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop classroom schedules.
- Ability to conduct effective interviews.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply job-related rules, policies, procedures, and other materials.
- Ability to develop and maintain training files and records.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research, develop, implement, coordinate, present and administer various types of educational curriculum.
- Ability to operate a computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications, other standard office equipment and specialized training equipment.
- Five years of education and/or experience in training of adults in an industrial, vocational, or business setting for employee development or the training of adults in an educational environment.
- A valid driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained.
- City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment.
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED.
- The probationary period for this class is six (6) months.
Apply at www.coj.net
. Work history is required for all employment/volunteer work in which qualifications are being based. When meeting/basing qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript, with your social blacked out, is required with your application. Transcripts do not need to be official, but must state your name, the school’s name, classes taken, grades received, type of degree, and date degree was conferred. The application system works best with Google Chrome or Edge with Chromium web browsers.
Please try to apply using one of these browsers.
Be sure to add coj.net to your safe senders list to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also track the status of your application and see notifications by logging into your account.
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and the family members of such service members and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment and are encouraged to apply for positions being filled.
If claiming veteran's preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran’s preference, he or she may file a written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Attention: Veterans’ Preference Coordinator
11351 Ulmerton Road, Suite 311-K
Largo, FL 33778-1630