The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Council and Commission Services Manager in the City Clerk's Office. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general direction, plans, manages, and coordinates the Council and Commission Services Division; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, or a closely related field
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, two (2) years of which must have been at a supervisory level; at least two years of the required experience must have included a high level of public contact
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Desirable: Increasingly responsible experience performing public board and commission meeting services
- Desirable: Increasingly responsible experience working in a city or county clerk’s office
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Thursday, October 12, 2023
Selection Interview - Wednesday, October 18, 2023
(may include a written component to be completed in advance of selection interview)
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post-offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.