Veterans' Preference Applies EEO Statement
The City of Delray Beach does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability, marital status, family status or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services
The City of Delray Beach is a Non-Tobacco Workplace. The City will not consider applicants who have used tobacco or nicotine products for a period of at least three months prior to application for employment. The definition of "tobacco or nicotine products" includes but is not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, snuff, e-cigarettes and nicotine patches or gum.This is an advanced internal IT position responsible for developing and implementing of security systems that will provide detection, prevention, containment, and deterrence mechanisms to protect and maintain the integrity of the Information Technology Department and the City of Delray Beach network/computer system. The position has responsibility of technical issues as assigned by management, including desktop management, server management, network management, print management and other advanced technical tasks. Work involves the execution of special programs, verification of backups, risk assessment, intrusion prevention/detection, incident response, vulnerability assessments, security policy and procedures, security awareness, computer forensics, investigation, design of secure frameworks, firewalls, security notifications, network/system hardening, and information security consultation. Work is performed under general supervision of the Chief Technology Director, Senior Solutions Architect and the Infrastructure Operations Manager/Lead Engineer.
- Responsible for Microsoft Windows Server Administration, Upgrades and backups.
- Responsible for Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Responsible for print servers and copiers.
- Responsible for Application Server administration, upgrades and backups
- Responsible for ensuring Network Storage backups.
- Coordinate with other technical staff in identifying and resolving problems that relate to conflicts between the applications and client or server operating systems or network infrastructure.
- Assist in routine system and network management tasks including Windows System Administration; Change Management; System Updates and Patch Management; Penetration Detection; Storage Management, including Backup and Recovery of server and desktop systems.
- Respond to security related service desk tickets escalated from various departments and work collaboratively across multiple teams to communicate and manage expectations during the resolution of the issue.
- Ensure that IT security best practices and configurations are included in network, desktop, server, wireless, VoIP and mobile configurations.
- Ensure information stored on City computers or networks is not disclosed to unwanted parties or modified inadvertently
- Audits users/systems to ensure City policies and procedures are being followed and security is maintained.
- Monitor, analyze, and respond to SEIM alerts from monitoring tools, vendors, and third parties.
- Configure, implement, monitor, and support security software/systems that will help ensure compliance with regulatory, industry, and corporate policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to IDS/IPS (Host/Network/Wireless), secure file transfer, DLP, full disk encryption, firewall rule assessments, log management/correlation, secure password storage/retrieval, application whitelisting, vulnerability management, threat hunting, etc.
- Ensure security best practices are identified and integrated into all facets of the project including network, system designs/configuration, and implementations.
- Conduct security reviews in accordance with established IT and Security processes. Prepare security plans and perform periodic/cyclical security assessments and risk assessments of the City, vendors, and other partners
- Perform security assessments of internal processes and systems; recommend mitigating actions
- Investigates, documents, and reports any actual/potential IT security violations, breeches, or inappropriate computer use.
- In the event data is compromised, repair the damage, and take measures to seal the security hole that enabled the data compromise.
- Assist with network monitoring, design, administration, and configuration.
- Support and administer Firewall Devices, Mobile Data Management, Web Content Filtering, Email Security, Wireless, Applications and Web based Applications.
- Monitors and reports findings with security, intrusion prevention, and detection systems.
- Monitors security alerts and bulletins for updates, new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Evaluate new information technology projects and propose changes to existing technology for compliance with security policies and standards.
- Make recommendations to management on enhancements to existing and new security hardware, software, or related tools. Assist in evaluating, planning, configuration, and implementation of new/existing security applications/tools.
- Teaches and educates City employees with Information Technology (IT) related security issues to heighten security awareness.
- Provide consultation to the user departments in planning for application implementation.
- Advise users on availability of software updates and apply as needed. Ensure that all required updates are applied.
- Coordinate with the Support Team in preparing, maintaining, and applying deployment packages.
- Handle applicable service requests and aid users in accessing vendor support.
- Responsible for security of the City of Delray Beach Server Environment, including but not limited to, user profiles, servers, and Applications.
- Generate data extracts and reports as needed.
- Configure and maintain Group Policies and user login scripts
- Perform user training, including but not limited to, general PC usage, Microsoft Office, application usage.
- Follow established problem resolution procedures in resolving software problems and applied corrective service to upgrade software.
- Evaluate software and test new software; upgrade equipment and provide training to users.
- Adheres to ITIL and ITSM practices.
- Remains current on technology and training pertaining to this position.
- Participate in the team’s on-call support rotation.
- Mentor / cross-train team members on existing and new/emerging technologies.
- May assist all IT staff positions. Other duties as assigned.
- Fosters positive employee relations and employee morale on a City-wide basis.
- Perform all functions and responsibilities according to the City’s Palm Beach County Code of ethics and Florida State Statutes 112.313.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) years' experience in IT security infrastructure, design, operations, and information assurance.
- Certification in at least two of the following: Security , CEH, CISSP, SSCP, CCNP, GCFA, GCIA, GCIH, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, PMP or equivalent certifications within six months of hire.
- Considerable experience with Cisco equipment including VPN and ASA firewall.
- Experience working with Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Active Directory and IIS.
- Experience working with NetApp, Pure Storage, Veeam, Zerto, KnowBe4 and VMWare.
Must have comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Must have comprehensive knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and Multi-Factor Authentication. Hands-on experience with two or more of the following: data loss prevention technologies, incident response and remediation, network security services, ethical hacking and vulnerability scanning, firewall and intrusion detection technologies. Knowledge of Next-Gen firewall administration. The abilities expected of all employees include being able to respond to supervision, guidance and direction of superiors in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies, be appropriately groomed and attired so as to present a professional image in accordance with the organization’s mission, goals, and policies; report for work promptly and properly prepared at the time and place required by the assignment or orders; notify the appropriate supervisor of intended absences in accordance with stated rules; conform with standards and rules regarding use of accrued time; demonstrate a polite, helpful and courteous manner when engaged in any activity with the public; operate and care for equipment to manufacturer’s specifications and/or within the specified parameters; demonstrate an understanding, consideration, and respect of cultural, religious, and gender differences when interacting with the public and colleagues.
A comparable combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position, may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.* This position will be available on October 3rd, 2022 within the new Fiscal year * Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.SELECTION GUIDELINES:
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests might be required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer, and requirements of the job change