THE CITY OF DANVILLE: The City of Danville is located 35 miles southwest of Lexington and is a thriving community with a population of 17,000. The City has a highly efficient infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated workforce. Danville is the home of Centre College, which is among the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The City of Danville is also the business hub to a 5 county, 100,000 region.
Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Pay Type: Exempt
Pay Classification: Full-time
Pay Grade: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: 110 Man O War Dr., Danville, KY 40422
Department: Parks and Recreation
Parks & Recreation Director
Under the direct supervision of the Parks & Recreation Director, has overall responsibility for the maintenance of recreational facilities, parks, and equipment. Responsible for the daily supervision of maintenance staff as well as participation in maintenance task to ensure Parks & Recreation structures are maintained to departmental standards.
· Supervises, schedules, and evaluates the day-to-day activities of full-time staff, seasonal maintenance employees, and volunteers.
· Operates a variety of mowers and small engine equipment maintaining parks, athletic fields, and facilities.
· Responsible for performing general maintenance and repair of parks equipment and machinery.
· Maintains and repairs playground equipment and physical structures for all parks facilities.
· Responsible for purchasing of maintenance equipment and supplies as well tracking inventory levels of departmental materials.
· Assist Parks & Recreation Director in preparation of annual budget.
· Assist with the coordination, scheduling, and oversight of contracted services.
· Responsible for preparing parks and facilities for special events.
· Required to interact with the general public and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
· Responsible for ensuring adherence to established safety practices and principles.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· General knowledge of carpentry, forestry, plumbing, and electrical principles and practices.
· Proficient in light industrial machinery maintenance and repair.
· Ability to operate light industrial equipment, including, but not limited to, mowers, tractors, chainsaws, and weed eaters.
· General knowledge of athletic field set-up, dimensions, and maintenance standards.
· Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule, that includes nights, weekends, and holidays as job duties demand.
· Strong verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment, with the ability to work across all levels of city officials, employees, agencies, organizations, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
· HS diploma or GED
· Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, turf management, or similar field is preferred.
· 3-5 years of parks and recreation or general maintenance experience is required.
· Prior supervisory or management experience is required.
· Prior experience with athletic structure maintenance is preferred.
· Must have current valid driver’s license.
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs on regular basis.
· Walking, twisting, stooping, and bending on a regular basis.
· Ability to climb ladders and structures not to exceed 15 feet above ground level.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $44,409 - $57,081 annually. The candidates starting salary will be commensurate with experience.
· 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 100% Paid Life Insurance
· Vacation Pay
· Sick Pay
· Holiday Pay
· Longevity Incentive Pay
· Educational Assistance
· KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.
If you are interested in becoming a Maintenance Supervisor, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Maintenance Supervisor for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Maintenance Supervisor job description and responsibilities
Supervised and coordinated scheduling, measuring, transmission and maintenance activities to ensure efficient operations of terminal equipment to minimize losses.
02/02/2022: Youngstown, OH
A senior maintenance technician must have excellent organizational and mechanical skills and the ability to follow safety procedures and processes during operations.
01/19/2022: Santa Ana, CA
Building maintenance supervisors are responsible for general repair and upkeep of various building elements such as electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and paintwork.
02/17/2022: Clarksville, TN
The Maintenance Supervisor will oversee maintenance and repairs of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), carpentry, painting, and other building systems.
01/27/2022: Topeka, KS
Maintenance managers need to exhibit leadership capability.
01/16/2022: Charlotte, NC
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Maintenance Supervisor jobs
Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM).
01/25/2022: Harrisburg, PA
Ensure Clarity of Expectations.
01/11/2022: Springfield, MO
Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT).
01/17/2022: San Antonio, TX
Proofread, Proofread, Proofread.
12/10/2021: Chattanooga, TN
Seek Out Hospitality Skills Training Opportunities.
12/29/2021: Columbus, OH
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Maintenance Supervisor.