CIMA is an industry leader in self-performing a wide variety of construction and environmentally sensitive projects. Our “Core Values” leads us to a proven track record of successfully completing complex industrial projects. Our belief is that our success is due largely in part to CIMA’s philosophy of staffing complex projects with highly qualified personnel who have direct project experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package which all new hires are eligible after 60 days of employment, which include:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Health Saving Account
· 401k Matching
· Life Insurance
· Critical Illness Insurance
· Accident Insurance
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, compressors, pumps, derricks, shovels, tractors, or front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement. May repair and maintain equipment in addition to other duties.
• Learn and follow safety regulations.
• Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
• Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
• Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
• Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
• Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
• Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
• Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
• Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
• Signal operators to guide movement of tractor-drawn machines.
• High school diploma preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of general construction
• Basic plus required.
• TWIC card required.
The job skills required for Equipment Operator include Life insurance etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Equipment Operator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Equipment Operator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Equipment Operator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Equipment Operator for your reference.