Our Bookkeeper position provides accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including, general ledger accounting, account reconciliation and payroll compliance with unwavering attention to detail, excellent communication/organizational skills and a strong knowledge of excel.
· Preform bookkeeping duties for a portfolio of small to large businesses with accuracy under possible tight deadlines (A/P, A/R, bank transactions, payroll entries, month end journals).
· Preparation of variance analysis on monthly financial statements.
· Participation in month end close, including preparation of journal entries.
· Prepare management accounts and year end accounts.
· Prepare financials, reconciliations and process payrolls. Also prepares client chart of accounts and GL set-up.
· Prepare payroll and sales tax returns (including general ledger analysis and tax closing).
· Build and maintain client relationships focused on excellent customer service.
· Ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
· Generally 1-3 years of accounting experience required.
CS&L CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, auditing, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses and organizations. Our mission is to provide exceptional solutions to our clients and to foster an enjoyable workplace based on open communication and mutual respect while encouraging initiative, professional growth, teamwork and loyalty.
Although we serve the full spectrum of businesses that comprise our local economy, we have concentrated our technical expertise around the industries of construction, real estate, retail distribution, professional service firms, healthcare as well as governmental entities and nonprofit organizations. As a member of the CPAmerica International industry alliance, we offer our clients the best of both worlds, a local firm relationship with the resources of an international association.
Our employees play a significant role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our local communities. We are committed to providing an entrepreneurial environment, dynamic culture and we have enjoyed recognition in recent years as an award winning workplace by the Tampa Bay Business Journal and Florida Trend Magazine.
• 401(k) with vested matching
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
CS&L CPA’s is an equal opportunity employer.
The job skills required for Bookkeeper include Bookkeeping, Accounting, General Ledger, Customer Service, Microsoft Office,and Time Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Bookkeeper. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Bookkeeper. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Bookkeeper, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Bookkeeper for your reference.