Work for Good. Do you want a career with meaning and purpose? Children’s Home Society is one of South Dakota’s leaders in providing services to vulnerable children, women, and families.
As part of Children's Home Society, you will truly Work for Good every day—helping to change the world one day at a time, one child at a time, one woman, one family, one smile, hug, and heart at a time.
Children’s Home Society in Sioux Falls, SD is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide receptionist, clerical support, and volunteer coordination in accordance with the organization’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
What You’ll Do:
Your responsibilities as a full-time Administrative Assistant will complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments for multiple executives
- Completing expense reports
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Arranging detailed travel plans
- Answer doors, greet and assist visitors
- Answer telephone calls, route callers and distribute messages
Other duties include:
- Maintain confidentiality and security standards at all times
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, and prepare and post outgoing mail
- Assimilate and type reports and correspondence as needed
- File administrative correspondence and reports as needed
- Provide assistance with donation checks
- Assist with data entry and maintenance of client electronic records database
- Maintain conference room reservations and room set-up, as requested
- Maintain employee calling tree
- Attend assigned meetings and training
- Order meals for meetings, set up for meetings (soda, water, breakfast, lunch, snacks)
- Clean up after meetings
- Light cleaning duties
- Other projects as assigned for administrative and program staff
What We'll Love About You:
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Ability to multi- task in a busy environment
- Attention to details
- Client/visitor feedback is positive
- Telephone is consistently answered within 4 rings as evidenced by supervisory overview
- Few, if any, errors occur in directing callers and taking messages
- Feedback from staff regarding team effort is positive
- Security standards are consistently maintained
- Misfiles do not occur
- Annual required training is completed
- Confidentiality is consistently maintained
- Files are consistently and accurately documented as evidenced by supervisory overview/compliance surveys
- Feedback from staff regarding support is positive
- Feedback from in-kind donors is consistently positive
Schedule: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Friday *Some evening/weekend work as needed.
Compensation: $20.00/hr applicable education & work experience
- Health Benefits: Two health insurance options – Traditional Plan & High Deductible Health Plan with HSA (automatic employer contribution with enrollment in a HDHP). Vision. Dental.
- Additional Benefits: Employer paid Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Short Term & Long-Term Disability. Additional Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident plans. Employee Assistance Program.
- Student Loan Payments & Tuition Reimbursement: Qualifying employees are eligible for up to $200 per month in Tuition Reimbursement or Student Loan Repayment.
- Paid Time Off: Generous PTO package. 10 paid holidays. 8 hours “Day of Service” for volunteering in the community
- Employee Referral Bonus: Current employees who refer an employee to work at CHS and earn up to $1,000
- Retirement: Qualifying employees receive a guaranteed employer contribution with 100% vesting
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience in a similar position desirable.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers, Microsoft office programs, virtual meeting software and/or the ability to learn these programs.
- Valid South Dakota driver’s license preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Residential environment focused on care of children in crisis situations. Extended periods of PC viewing and keyboarding required. Extended periods of sedentary work required.
Must successfully complete all required background/pre-employment checks. EEO/AA