Explore your passion with us!
Founded in 1988, Child Development Schools is headquartered in Austin, TX operating over 260 childcare centers in 11 states. Our three early childhood education brands are Childcare Network, Sunrise Preschools, and My Small Wonders. We proudly provide quality care and developmental education to over 30,000 children aged six weeks to twelve years.
We have a great opportunity for a Risk Management Coordinator to join our growing company!
- Associates Degree with major course work in Occupational Safety, Risk Management Safety/Insurance or a closely related field is preferred.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in Safety, Risk Management or multi-line Insurance.
- Intermediate knowledge of principles and practices of business management including; Program Management, Report content & formatting, and Training development & presentations.
- Experience actively working with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to strategically solve problems, manage projects, and drive performance while maintaining long-term strategies.
- Basic knowledge of Federal, State & National Consensus Safety & Health requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Completion of the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Safety Course.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of PC software including all Microsoft products.
- Possess excellent verbal & oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work semi-independently and with minimal direct supervision
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with access to a vehicle is required
- Travel may be required (less than 10%)
- Be a team player and collaborator.
- Must successfully pass a Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Actively participate in the Organizational Occupational Safety & Health Processes.
- Perform all duties in a safe and reasonable manner that avoids preventable injury and preventable property/equipment damage to you, co-workers, and/or visitors.
- Immediately report any/all occupational injuries, unsafe conditions, and/or property damage to your Supervisor.
- Use and enforce the use of required personal protective equipment (as appropriate).
- Not be unfit for work due to the presence, ingestion, consumption or inhalation of illegal drugs, prescribed medications, over-the-counter drugs and/or alcohol.
Want to learn more about Child Development Schools? We’re always looking for nurturing, innovative, and dedicated individuals to join us and explore their passion for child care and early education. Please click to join our Talent Network so we can keep in touch about other current and future opportunities!
Child Development Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Assist with the Development, implementation, and maintenance of world class Occupational Safety & Health compliance processes.
- Assist with safety/risk management data input, maintenance and accuracy of the Risk Management Information
- Technology System (to include but not limited to forms, programs and operating instructions).
- Assist with the development and presentation of Safety performance reports and strategic improvement recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Assist with the collection, measurement, and analysis of Safety & Insurance Claim metrics and performance indicators to identify trends.
- Assist with the development, coordination and presentations of comprehensive Safety Education Processes.
- Assist with the coordination of external and internal facility site safety compliance visits & audits. Monitor/track corrective actions for resolution.
- Assist with the coordinating the investigations of all mishaps, incidents, injuries, and hazards.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing subcontractor & vendor safety documents to ensure safety compliance.
- Assist with the monitoring Fleet Safety Processes, establishing & monitoring processes to ensure safe qualified drivers.
- Coordinate and maintain drug testing related items (e.g. supplies, results, invoices, etc.).
- Perform all assigned work in a manner that meets performance quality expectations and in compliance with Company guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management.
- Assist with monitoring financial activities related to student accidents, workers’ compensation, and auto insurance claims. Ensure allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated, expenses are within claim expenses.
- Assist with overseeing the Risk Management Technology Information System to ensure accurate insurance claim & cost databases are maintained.
- Process requests and maintain files on Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Property Insurance for certificate holders/loss payees.
- Maintain records (e.g. drivers’ license, MVR, excluded drivers, auto insurance cards, motorist observation reports, etc.) related to auto insurance on company vehicles. Respond to inquiries from school management and student parents regarding incidents and claim resolution.
- Assist with ensuring prompt & accurate claim notification to Insurance Carriers.
- Assist with managing Workers Compensation, Auto & General Liability cases.
- Assist Insurance Claim matter coordination with Claims Adjusters, Medical Providers, Attorneys and Third Party Administrators.
- Assist with monitoring Immediate Mishap Notification Procedures, Claims Management, Return-To-Work, Drug-Free
- Workplace, and Workers Compensation Insurance Policies/Programs/Training.
- Assist with monitoring comprehensive investigations are conducted for all Workers Compensation, Auto & General
- Liability Incidents/Accidents.
- Assist with monitoring all open claims to closure and ensure adequate corrective actions/follow-up are implemented.
Our Benefits Provide:
- Discounts up to 50% off childcare tuition
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- Free access to online training
- Education assistance to pursue your degree
- 401K plan savings and investment plan with employer contribution