Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Director of Business Development
Clearance: Background check
Location: Lorton, VA
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Director of Business Development
is responsible for, identification, qualification, win strategy development, shaping and support of proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define target markets, identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Lead the Capture Management strategy and execution to further qualify and pursue new business opportunities
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies.
- Effectively and efficiently drive capture pursuits through gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances
- Collaborate with MIOS BD, team members, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position for successful pursuits
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements working closely with BD leads -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
- Develop market strategy and establish a supporting qualified pipeline, create and track schedules in GovWin and report status when required to senior management for key opportunities
- Present the opportunity's status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle
- Classify the win probability, funding probability and bid/performance risks and establish appropriate risk management strategies
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
- Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports proposal team by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
- Assume accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant business, technical, or professional field of study
- Degree may be substituted for 4 years of relevant experience
- 7 years capture management or related Business Development experience in the Defense or Intelligence space with proven track record in capture and proposal development
- Experience in developing new business and successfully pursuing medium to large-scale Federal Government business/projects.
- Experience in the entire capture process.
- Experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts.
- Must have a proven record of success in managing Business Development opportunities throughout the entire Federal Acquisition lifecycle from inception to award
- Background check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in the entire capture process are required and solid experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts is expected
- Ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and within a firm/corporation, with a focus on understanding how to create competitive discriminators in a highly cost-competitive environment
- Proficient ability in capture management based on industry best practices with demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
- Ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
The job skills required for Director of Business Development include Business Development, Leadership, Problem Solving, Accountability, Integrity, Pricing, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Director of Business Development.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Director of Business Development.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Director of Business Development positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Director of Business Development,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Top Division Business Development Executive that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Director of Business Development. You can explore the career advancement for a Director of Business Development below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
Remote | Full Time
1 Week Ago
If you are interested in becoming a Director of Business Development, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Director of Business Development for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Director of Business Development job description and responsibilities
Set and assign operational goals for the representatives' organizations, ensuring that the overall sales and business development goals of the segment are met.
01/28/2022: Huntsville, AL
A business development director also leads sales and client-relationship management, tracks new markets and emerging trends, recommends new products and services, proposes and develops new strategic partnerships, writes proposals and plans, and guides lon
01/08/2022: Paramus, NJ
A director of business development will also oversee client-relationship management and sales.
01/05/2022: Florence, AL
Business development directors are responsible for generating sales leads and expanding the customer base of an organization.
12/22/2021: Pensacola, FL
Business development directors as part of their description conduct surveys to determine customer satisfaction levels and make necessary adjustments to ensure a satisfied clientele.
01/13/2022: Altoona, PA
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Director of Business Development jobs
At a high-level, this role will generate and secure short and long-term profitable business through proactive business development and account management based on a fundamental understanding of the customers' business, operations and objectives.
01/18/2022: Augusta, GA
Cares deeply about everyday entrepreneurs trying to start and grow businesses, especially those whose voices are often unheard.
01/10/2022: South Bend, IN
Hiring companies look for a proven ability to hit targets, a consistent background of winning new business and often relevant sector experience.
03/12/2022: Pittsburgh, PA
They assign work territories and set revenue targets for business development managers.
01/12/2022: Stamford, CT
A new business development professional with proven success finding then developing strong customer relationships on the local, regional and national levels.
01/01/2022: Boca Raton, FL
View the best colleges and universities for Director of Business Development.
High Point University