Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for like minded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
What we offer:
- An amazing company culture!
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first of the month following hire.
- ESOP (Profit Sharing) and 401(k).
- Paid vacations, paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, and onsite parking.
- Coverage under State Sick Leave.
- 100% Pre-Paid College Tuition for employees and their dependents.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Additional Compensation Details:
- Salary Dependent on Experience and Location of Role
- 90-day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
The Operations Manager position is a high-level cornerstone role that is a key to the successful operations and growth of our Salt Lake City division. The right candidate will need to have the ability to work efficiently and harmoniously across all business lines within the company, focusing on the Salt Lake team. This candidate must have considerable experience managing transportation, and operations teams, as well as industry experience in wholesale.
Essential Responsibilities Include, but Not Limited To
- Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision. Including but not limited to, leading the company in productivity, monitoring and increasing accuracy, damage reduction, and cost per case.
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions designed to exceed corporate objectives.
- Manages day to day business of the operations and transportation departments while balancing the responsibilities of various business lines such as business analysis, vendor, and risk management.
- Works with sales teams to help set and meet development goals.
- Plays a significant role in long-term planning, project driving, and implementing change control processes.
- Works closely with departmental managers and the general manager on other special planning projects as required.
- Foster collaboration between warehouse and transportation departments allowing an increase to the speed of issue identification and response.
- Oversees and reports routine metrics for business performance.
- Identify trends and assess opportunities to improve processes and execution of services.
- Collaborates with other department team members to ensure seamless business execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Collaborates with human resources team as needed regarding all personnel matters.
- Raise and track issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity, and escalate to the appropriate level when required.
- Assess a variety of situations and provide clarity to departments when necessary.
- Establishes and maintains credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
- Solicits and responds to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
- Supports training programs, reinforcing a safety focus between departments to ensure federal, state, transportation, and company safety standards are met.
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology.
- Works closely with management team to ensure all operational, administrative, and compliance functions are being properly executed in accordance with best practices.
- Oversee the budgeting, purchasing, and inventory of raw materials and assets, including but not limited to large assets for the transportation fleet, as needed to meet growing business demands.
- Forecasting for future demands for services, and personnel growth, based on market conditions and sales projections.
- Managing all aspects of operations, including hiring workers, maintaining schedules, and overseeing equipment maintenance.
- Manage and lead a team through periods of significant growth and change across the corporation.
- Compensation analysis and realignment implementation with the changing labor market.
- Manage fluctuations in staffing due to unforeseen natural occurrences that actively affect all labor business lines and the supply chain while effectively performing leadership functions such as counseling, career planning, training, reviews, hiring and terminating, as well as additional guidance tasks.
- Manage a top tier backhaul program to generate logistics revenue.
- Making sure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in wholesale (preferably produce)
- 10 years of experience in operations management AND transportation management required.
- 10 years of experience managing a successful P&L statement for multiple departments.
- Experience working with refrigerated warehouses is a requirement.
- Experience in Six Sigma Lean or Kaizon preferred.
- Fluent in addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing and implementing operational procedures and policies.
- Must be proficient in analyzing business needs/requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities.
- An ability to communicate with an emotional intelligence and awareness of others effectively.
- The ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely to inquiries, and present written/oral briefings.
- Must have the ability to work with details and time-sensitive issues.
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations required.
- Bachelor’s degree in program management, business or public administration, or related fields required
Hear from Charlie's employees
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer