RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of basic teachings of the Catholic Church
2. Strong initiative and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
3. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
4. Able to manage student behavior
5. Able to communicate effectively in both reading and writing
6. Skill in critical thinking and job planning
7. Able to work a full school day and some weekends/evenings
8. Required to work in standard classroom/office and school conditions
9. Required to manage high to moderate levels of stress
MENTAL/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Able to lift or carry supplies, textbooks, furniture, and or equipment
2. Able to maintain composure and avoid inappropriate displays of anger
3. Required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach, grab, pull, hear & see and speak on a daily basis
4. Required to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing & reading
5. Required to monitor students in a variety of locations including those with noise, activity, and inclement weather.
1. Salary: Starting at $44,605 and commensurate with experience and qualification
2. Benefits: Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
The job skills required for Science Teacher include Professional development, Communicates Effectively, background check, Initiative, Critical Thinking etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Science Teacher. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Science Teacher. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Science Teacher, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Science Teacher for your reference.