Are you a novelty seeker? Do you seek new ideas and creative approaches? Are you tired of working 9-5? Do you need flexibility?
WE'RE GROWING! JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN OPPORTUNITY
(Internal Title: Clinical Care Coordinator)
UNIVERSITY PLACE, WA
(SERVING PIERCE COUNTY / TACOMA, WA AREA)
Catholic Community Services, Family Behavioral Health is looking for a Behavioral Health Technician (Internal Title: Clinical Care Coordinator) to join our team of innovators who explore and develop new approaches and implement novel strategies. Our teams provide individualized, creative and flexible services, infused with evidence-based and evidence-informed strategies. WHO WE ARE:
We are a values-driven organization, providing family-oriented behavioral health care for children, youth and families, provided primarily in their own home and community. Our enthusiastic clinical teams provide whatever is needed to help children and youth remain safely in their own home with their family, restoring hope, providing intense mental health services and supports, and helping to strengthen the family unity. With sites located in Western Washington and Portland Oregon, we offer comprehensive intensive, Wrap-around mental health services to a diverse population for youth and families. We employ almost 600 energetic and compassionate employees.
WHAT WE VALUE: Compassion Diversity Strength-Based-Approach Social-Justice & Our Staff!
WHAT WE OFFER:
Additional Pay/Ability to Earn Additional Pay of:
- Coverage after hours: $1,800.00 per year
- Pay based on performance: up to $8,000.00 per year
- Additional pay of $100.00 per pay period (2 times per month) for: Fluent bi-lingual skills in Spanish & English
Training and Supervision:
- Extensive training in multiple clinical approaches as well as training in other areas
- Daily and weekly supervision and support with your Clinical Supervisor, as needed.
- 12 paid holidays; plus 1 personal holiday each year!
- 3 weeks' vacation PER YEAR
- 12 sick-days per year
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans: 403-B Employee Savings Plan and an Employer Contribution Pension
- Meet and engage the family communicating compassion, support, respect and enthusiasm for them and your role as a helper.
- Provide and/or arrange necessary crisis response and stabilization services, completing and communicating the safety/crisis plan with family and others.
- Prepare the family for next steps in the intervention (e.g., team development, planning process, natural supports, etc.).
- Customize helping approaches to fit the family’s uniqueness, personality, culture and interest.
- Provide intensive and strength based therapeutic mental health services and supports to children, youth and families in the community including: assessing for immediate safety and stabilization needs, treatment plan development, safety and crisis planning, child and family team meeting facilitation, on-going assessment and evaluation of current treatment planning strategies, goals, and outcomes
- Brainstorm and negotiate strategies that build on child and family strengths.
- Consult with clinical supervisor, mental health specialists and others as needed and incorporate recommendations.
- Meet productivity and documentation standards using collaborative problem-solving strategies to ensure complete, accurate and strength-based documentation for all children/youth and families served.
- Respond to crises in a prompt, effective and collaborative manner.
- Provide and/or facilitate the provision of a range of therapeutic responses that support the overall plan (including individual and family therapies).
- Utilize parent/family expertise in problem solving around specific needs.
- Modify and adjust individual intervention techniques for each situation without changing the direction of the plan.
- Facilitate placement into foster care, as needed, while ensuring necessary paperwork is completed and notifications made.
- Facilitate others, including a team, to implement the plan from beginning.
- Reevaluate, modify, and redesign plan based on new information.
- Inspire confidence in the child, family and other team members about their strengths and ability to transition successfully.
- Arrange and negotiate a process for ongoing formal and informal services and supports.
- Create and practice a plan for aftercare supports and response post CCS involvement.
- This position will participate in an on-call rotation with other Clinicians and Behavioral Health Technicians (Internal Title: Clinical Care Coordinators).
A full job description with qualifications may be shared with candidates identified for an interview.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING IN A CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, behavioral sciences or equivalent.
- 21 years or older.
- Experience serving children and/or families (e.g. mental health, social services, education), preferred.
- Ability to drive to our family homes and within the community, with reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and current automobile insurance with an acceptable driving record per CCS policy.
- Ability to visually assess safety within the community and family homes.
- Preference for a flexible schedule rather than a traditional, fixed, 8-5, Monday through Friday, facility-based position.
- Should be able to participate in on-call rotation responsibilities, which will be discussed in our screening process.
- Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19
ABOUT PIERCE COUNTY:
This position will serve all Pierce which includes Tacoma, University Place, Lakewood, Puyallup, Fife and other neighboring cities. The home office is in University Place. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Between the shores of the Puget Sound and the shadow of Mount Rainier, Pierce County ultimate destination for recreation and relaxation. Enjoy spectacular views, Commencement Bay, walking trails, boating, and close proximity to Seattle or Olympia, WA.
- You will enjoy outstanding restaurants with gourmands and culinary connoisseurs who have cultivated a scene that’s made national press, with top-notch meeting and convention spaces, and huge headliner concerts have drawn visitors from across the globe.
If interested in this opportunity, upload your resume at: https://fbh-ccsww.icims.com/jobs/intro . For additional questions, contact Karla Lacktorin, Regional Clinical Recruiter, at email@example.com .
Note for Internal Candidates: reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.