Salary Range: $52,731 - $53,865
Start Date: January 9, 2023
Primary Office:Remote (with Manassas as home base)
Hours per Week:40
Staff Supervisor:Hector Cendejas, Program Director
The Family Reunification Case Manager of the Catholic Charities Diocese of the Arlington (CCDA), Family Reunification (FR), is responsible for conducting home studies (HS) and post-release services (PRS) to unaccompanied children reuniting with sponsors. The position will require some evening work as well as on-call responsibilities.
- Carries a caseload of HS and/or PRS cases.
- Provides HS and PRS through intensive case management and coordination of services.
- Documents all services provided and all contact in case notes.
- Completes and submits client reports promptly.
- Creates electronic files for each case referred to ensure case file maintenance.
- Conduct assessment of client and family needs and assist clients in setting goals.
- Deliver and coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain direct contact.
- Conduct home visits.
- Make appropriate referrals for needs.
- One-on-one weekly meetings with supervisor (program director) to address programmatic needs.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to staff cases and support the team's goals.
- Occasionally attend in-person meetings.
- Elevates complex cases or urgent incidents to the supervisor as needed.
- Serves as task supervisor for social work interns.
- Participate in Intern Group meetings.
- Provides coverage for other case managers on an as-needed basis.
- Connect with in-house services and outside agencies to address the client's needs.
- Reports to the Program Director of Family Reunification.
- Prepares home study, periodic, and case closure reports in MRIS for submission on time.
- Provides Family Reunification activities information and success stories quarterly reports.
- Completes quarterly review of case closure files with the program director.
- Uses the data management system regularly to collect data and complete reports (UC Portal, MRIS).
- Creates clients' folders on Microsoft Outlook for email documentation.
- Uses CCDA equipment for documentation (laptop and mobile devices).
Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrates clinical judgment and leadership skills and ability to multitask.
- Experience in using strengths-based approach with clients.
- Understanding and applying cultural humility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Contributes knowledge and understanding to the agency staff in areas of specialized competence.
- Applicants must have the ability to work successfully with a broad range of stakeholders, including clients, staff, volunteers and the community.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields; Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling preferred.
- Child welfare and/or case management experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish: verbal and written required. Knowledge of indigenous Mayan languages is a plus.
- Experience in conflict management, accountability and confrontation is a must.
- Ability to work independently in the field as well as collaboratively as a team.
- Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability.
- Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information per HIPAA protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication with the clients and family reunification team.
- SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF YEARS DRIVING IN THE U.S: - ADD NOTE IN COVER LETTER SECTION TO CONFIRM
Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record, have at least three years of driving experience in the U.S., and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
- Must be able to carry up to 35 lbs to help clients with transporting items.
- Occasionally ascends/descents stairwells.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Drive long distances in exceptional circumstances.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year
To view our benefit offerings. Please log into our Benergy website. https://www.benergy4.com/Account/LogOn?portaldomain=arlingtondiocese
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: benefits
(*If you have difficulties logging in, please copy the link into google chrome browser and login)