Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? At Catholic Charities Diocese, of Joliet we are mission-driven, focused on positive results for people and believe that people should be treated with dignity and respect. If you feel the same way we encourage you to join us in making a difference!
If you desire a better work/life balance and can work in a fast paced environment with excellent growth potential, we would like to hear from you.
1. Responsible for providing daily support to ensure successful implementation, monitoring and usage of the HRIS and processing employees through the full employee life cycle (recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, and termination).
2. Provides HR system training, researching the department’s data needs and ensuring the most efficient system is being used to track data.
3. Responsible for assisting with auditing HR operations for recruitment, compliance, generating HR reports and other program documents as required.
4. Assists with HR projects as needed.
5. Other duties as assigned within the guidelines of this position.
1. Works to develop recruiting pipelines and developing external stakeholder relationships with recruiting agencies, job posting services, temporary hiring firms and other vendors.
2. Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources prepares materials and outreach plans for participation in job fairs and other recruiting efforts.
3. Facilitates and guides applicants and hiring managers through the full recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees.
- Creates and publishes job ads in various portals and locations.
- Screens resumes and job applications; and guide the applicants and hiring managers throughout the hiring process.
- Trains and advises hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods.
- Schedule, track and report on the status of all pre-employment requirements such as the completion of background clearance, physicals, and Tuberculosis (TB) Test.
- Providing wage and compensation recommendations to hiring managers that comply and align with the Agency’s wage and compensation strategies and established guidelines.
- Conducts orientation with new employees ensuring that benefit information is accurately communicated.
4. Oversees and processes employee changes and terminations.
5. Monitors and tracks ongoing requirements for continued employment including, licensures, education requirements, and physical testing.
6. Conducts exit interviews with employees to determine employee’s reasons contributing to separation and to collect Agency property. Provides reports as needed.
7. Ensure the ATS is fully operational and monitored.
8. Corresponds with vendors regarding HR related questions and needs.
9. Assists in the development and delivery of training on HR related systems and topics.
10. Oversees and implements needed changes, then monitors and maintains HR record keeping practices that meet Agency, state, federal and other governing compliance standards.
11. Responsible for assembling packets (i.e. new employee, applicant, trainings) as needed.
12. Responsible for HR data entry and processing HR paperwork.
13. Serves as initial point of contact for future, current and former employees and other stakeholders assisting with monitoring relevant email accounts and responding to inquiries.
14. Supports the HR team as needed with compliance needs and report creation.
15. Participates in Agency meetings and committees to support Agency operations and to obtain ideas and recommend changes to HR processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of department.
GREAT EMPLOYER PROVIDED BENEFITS FOR QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES INCLUDE:
1. Required for this position is:
a) Associate’s Degree in human resources, business, or related field preferred; High School Diploma is required or equivalent.
All degrees must come from a regionally accredited educational institution which has U.S. Department of Education approval.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated specialized or technical experience working with web-based systems.
3. Demonstrated experience with any Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) required, Paylocity preferred.
4. Experience working with unions is helpful but not required.
5. Ability to accurately and consistently perform data entry.
6. Demonstrated understanding of foundational human resource competencies, knowledge, and compliance requirements.
7. Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media, job search sites, websites, etc.
8. Ability to develop talent and talent pipelines through building workforce partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
9. Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in multicultural and multidisciplinary professional environments.
10. Ability to read, interpret, and apply complex rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
11. Ability to use reference material; research and assimilate information in the creation of reports, training materials, and presentations.
12. Proven capability to work in an organized and efficient manner in a multi-task, fast-paced environment.
13. Demonstrated ability to work independently; exercise good decision making skills; take initiative; and practice consistent skills in full-cycle communication and follow-up.
14. Excellent customer service skills.
15. Demonstrated success with interpersonal skills and as a team participant.
16. Ability to handle confidential information discreetly.
17. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Teams.
18. Demonstrated high-level of verbal and written communication skills.
19. Passage of complete background clearance, Tuberculosis (TB) Test, and any other required testing or clearances.
20. Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet, has adopted and follows the Codes of Ethics established by Catholic Charities USA, the National Association of Social Workers and the American Psychological Association. As an employee of the Agency you are expected to support these codes to the extent doing so is consistent with and allowed by applicable law.
21. A valid driver’s license, reliable means of transportation and proof of liability insurance is required.
The job skills required for Human Resources Specialist include Onboarding, HRIS, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Written Communication,and Futures etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Human Resources Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Human Resources Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.