For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our case management programs provide the following homecare services for the homebound elderly; Care Management Plans, Home Delivered Meals, Assessment for Homecare, Friendly Visiting & Support Services to keep frail seniors living safely in their homes and community.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:The Social Worker II is responsible for providing case management services to frail, homebound older adults, who have become unable to maintain daily living activities, making it possible for them to remain in their own homes. The Social Worker will be assigned clients with more complex needs, including some APS clients.
* Provide a comprehensive in-home assessment and reassessment of the older person’s current functional and cognitive capacities and limitations, unmet needs, and eligibility for benefits and entitlements.
* Develop and implement a care plan with the senior and/or his/her family, when needed, to address the client’s unmet needs in order to assist him/her to continue to live safely in his/her own home.
* Ensure that referrals are made and follow up is done to appropriate services.
* Provide crisis intervention services, when needed, for situations such as medical emergencies, utility shut-offs, bedbug infestations, and disaster response.
* Provide emergency coverage for Home Delivered Meal clients, when the client fails to answer the door, when needed.
* Perform intake activities, which include assessing eligibility, preliminary evaluation of the presenting problem, initiating services as needed and providing information and referral services.
* Complete a comprehensive DFTA assessment form for each client on a timely basis and according to funding source regulations.
* Maintain up-to-date: case notes, waiting lists for clients on caseload, and the timely submission of monthly statistics and reports as required by the agency and the funding source.
* Master of Social Work Degree from an accredited college or university.
* One year of experience in human services field
* Bilingual English/Spanish, English/Russian, English/Chinese, English/Polish preferred. Proficient in computer software applications, Excel and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
* Able to travel to client’s homes, meetings, conferences and other locations for trainings and meetings.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: