Cashmere Agency is a lifestyle marketing collective of creative minds from the worlds of entertainment, advertising, and new media. We build authentic campaigns, pieced together by a creative mix of marketing and public relations strategies that resonate with today’s ever-evolving audience. Our client base includes a number of TV networks, motion picture studios, tech companies, and top-tier brands.
Cashmere Agency is seeking a talented, dynamic, and thoughtful Senior Program Manager to join our team.
You are the captain of the internal workflow and process while you initiate, manage, and quality control the progression of work. With sharp critical thinking, you define and drive action items, while maintaining accountability from yourself and your team. You are a strategist of timelines and resource management, managing budget and scope and forecasting team burn. You ensure your teams have what they need to succeed and connect the dots and team members so that the work delivers on time, within budget, and meets/exceeds client expectations through the securing of stakeholders’ approvals.
Always thinking ten steps ahead, you mitigate project risk and problem solve, knowing when and how to pivot to get the work done. You negotiate outcomes and influence the way your teams work to meet business goals. You are a communicator of status and solutions and a trusted partner to clients and all groups as you champion the work and the collaboration of your teams.
Every day, you are leading an integrated team of 15 team members across a few or all of the following groups: Creative, Brand Strategy, Social, Influencer, PR, Experiential, Production, and Client Services. You have a proven record of expertly managing lines of business across everything from 360 campaigns to focused social/influencer activations, in a client-facing role. You know how to maneuver quickly and efficiently through tight timelines, and are particularly resolute and calm across the entire engagement from sales to final delivery.
Your scope writing leaves zero ambiguity and your thoughtfully built staff plans are fiscally responsible and well cast. You own the financial health of your projects and excel at assessing level of effort per deliverable. You are not only flagging risks and implications but also have an action plan at the ready so that you are delivering work within the target margins.
You seamlessly lead internal/leadership reviews and regroups and effectively communicate next steps. You have the keen sensibility of reading a room and are comfortable initiating complex conversations with C-suite leadership.
You are well versed in project management tools and can determine and train others on how best to utilize them.
And, most importantly, you understand how to be a difference maker every day.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Partners with program leaders to drive teams of 15 Cashmerians and partners across multi-track programs. Builds and structures the project team to ensure maximum performance.
- Leads all aspects of integrated campaign work for existing clients and new business pitches across Cashmere’s offerings of Creative, Brand Strategy, Social, Influencer, PR, Experiential, Production, and Client Services, including:
- Specifies purpose and direction to teams. Clarifies and communicates program objectives and success criteria.
- Ability to recommend a methodology for a project and articulate the benefits and reasons for choosing the methodology to the team and Clients
- Drives program communication and ensures team alignment.
- Defines program deliverables and roles and responsibilities, via RASCIs.
- Writes SOWs in partnership with Client Services.
- Builds staff plans and program/project estimates.
- Manages budgets, scopes, change orders, and burn and allocation forecast reports.
- Works with Resource Management to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed; thinks creatively in solving staffing conflicts and identifying different staffing solutions for delivering the work
- Prioritizes work and deliverables for teams and strategically manages resources’ time.
- Tracks teams’ progress on deliverables and communicates status and pivots.
- Comprehends client feedback and ensures it is actionable for the teams.
- Leads daily stand ups, internal reviews, and regroups with integrated teams, including executive leadership. Keeps the teams on track in meetings and determines action items.
- Develops and tracks complex integrated project plans.
- Documents program decisions and risks and determines implications and action plans.
- Updates hot sheets, status reports, and all project files within project folders.
- Sends detailed meeting recaps with clear next steps.
- Establishes quality and performance standards, owning quality control of the work at all stages, including adhering to client brand guidelines.
- Secures approvals from internal stakeholders, including executive leadership.
- Coaches and motivates teams, while assessing and maintaining team wellness.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction.
- Partners with Client Services to ensure work output meets client brief requirements.
- Ability to act as a troubleshoot and resolve issues highlighted during project tracking with Clients
- Provides day-to-day program contact for the client.
- Ensures the teams and work are laddering up to Cashmere’s core values.
- Leverages best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects.
- Collects team feedback for Post Mortem decks, extracts themes to improve ways of working, and leads Post Mortem meetings.
- Supervises the work of mid-level and associate project managers within the program team.
- Keeps a pulse on PM team performance and addresses feedback in a timely manner.
- Manages and mentors direct reports and is responsible for their career growth and development.
- Gathers ongoing 360 feedback and develops improvement plans as necessary.
- Identifies education and training opportunities.
- Oversees third-party partner and/or vendor relationships, as needed.
- Maintains awareness of current industry environment to help identify new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Flexes to manage internal initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university.
- 6 years of project/program management experience at a marketing-related agency.
- Experience leading diverse project types, with a particularly strong focus on creative and brand/social/influencer strategy.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously within an integrated program from business development to final delivery.
- Experience running new business pitches with 1-3 week turnarounds.
- Ability to lead and track the progress of multi-discipline, globally distributed teams of 15 people in dynamic and fast-paced environments.
- 3 years of client management experience preferred.
- Accountability for project budgets of $1M .
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines.
- The ability to anticipate needs and formulate action plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, rapidly-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Sharp attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable about principles and practices of organization, planning, and records management.
- Confidence and skill handling clients in-person and on the phone.
- Excellent proficiency with Google Docs, Smartsheet, MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of various social media networks, file formats, and specs.
- Knowledge and passion for all things music (hip hop, R&B, EDM, indie rock, etc.) is a plus.
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.
Cashmere is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to become a part of one of the most influential, multicultural agencies, then apply today!
**Sorry, we are not accepting referrals from staffing and executive search agencies.