Hello, Cascades at Port Arthur in Port Arthur, TX is expanding its clinical capabilities to include providing care to patients with respiratory needs, so we are actively looking to hire a part-time Certified Respiratory Therapist.
At Cascades at Port Arthur, our goal in a skilled nursing facility (SNF) is to provide each patient with top-quality care. We strive to maximize each patient's functional independence to safely discharge her/him to the next level of care.
We are a people-first organization. Really! Our guiding motto is leading with integrity, empowering people, delivering outcomes.
- In consultation with physicians, conduct pulmonary function tests, assess and interpret evaluations and test results, and determine respiratory therapy treatment plans.
- Help patients accomplish treatment plan by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy including administering inhalants, operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus and environmental control systems and aerosol generators, bronchopulmonary drainage, assist with breathing exercises, etc.
- Monitor and document physiological responses to therapy.
- Direct treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing & evaluating patient progress. Recommend adjustments and modifications.
- Complete discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements. Ensure facility adherence to requirements; advise management on needed actions.
- Possess a current CRT or RRT in good standing.
- Minimum one year experience as Respiratory Experience.
- Effectively communicate on a personal level with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc.
- Able to make decisions independently when warranted.
- Reliable, kind, hard-working.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to long-term care.