CareWell Urgent Care is seeking a dependable full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for our state-of-the-art urgent care facility in Billerica, MA.
Our centers are open (7) days per week 8AM to 8PM. Full-time positions must be able to work three 12-hour shifts per week including every other weekend.
Job Summary: You will be part of a team of professionals dedicated to the treatment of walk-in urgent care patients. In the center, you will: examine and treat urgent care patients, ensure proper injury care, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery; prescribe and administer medication; request necessary tests and follow-up visits and refer patients to specialists, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities: Physician Assistant - tasks include but are not limited to:
• Provide treatment of illnesses and injuries; order labs and other diagnostic tests, and prescribe medications for children and adults.
• Demonstrate the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients.
• Communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
• Complete charting and required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Perform common urgent care procedures such as wound repair, abscess drainage, splinting, ECG and X-ray interpretation.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proven ability to work in a fast pace environment
• Provide 5 star patient care
• Document and record notes for patient during visit
Education & Experience:
• NP or PA license in the state where the center is located and 3-5 years in the field
• Some prior experience in urgent care preferred.
Work Environment: This job operates in a medical office setting and includes possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medical preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids. Shifts are normally 12 hours in length and may include weekends & holidays.
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: A typical work schedule consists of a 12-hour clinical shift including weekends and holidays.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position although you may be assigned shifts in more than one center if it is within normal commuting distance.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, 401K with a match, and paid time off. As an employee, you have four (4) free urgent care visits/yr which can be shared by immediate family members.
At CareWell, it’s simple: exceptional and compassionate patient care is at the forefront of our urgent care centers. CareWell Urgent Care provides high-quality, efficient and affordable treatment of non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries as well as customizable employer health solutions. Our centers offer board-certified providers, state-of-the-art facilities with on-site laboratory services and X-ray. Founded by physicians who know and understand the need for excellent, expedient care, CareWell Urgent Care is dedicated to meeting all the needs of the community, from infant to elders, school to industry and everywhere in between.
The job skills required for Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant include Patient Care, Urgent Care, Diagnostic Tests, Prescribes Medications etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.