Danvers, MA or Waltham, MA
Flexible Hours: five 8 hour days or four 10 hour days
Reporting to the Coordinator of Creative Arts Therapies, the Music Therapist is responsible for providing services to Care Dimensions patients and families/caregivers through engagement in a variety of creative art modalities, specifically music, to enhance quality of life. The Music Therapist, with discretion and independent judgement, offers visual music to foster relaxation, stress reduction, self-expression, and memory making.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy from an accredited program; master’s degree and licensure in mental health counseling preferred.
- Current music therapy board certification or eligibility for music therapy board certification within 3 months of hire.
- Must obtain and maintain any applicable certification and licensure required for the performance of this functional role as defined by Care Dimensions.
- Proficient in the use of a wide variety of music therapy, verbal counseling, and creative arts techniques and interventions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Minimum of one year of experience in acute care and/or home care settings preferred.
- Previous experience with adults in chronic/terminal health preferred.
- Knowledge and skills utilizing music as a therapeutic modality with adults and families.
- Knowledge of grief/loss theory and its interaction with individual development and family systems.
- Ability to work with patients and their families/caregivers in their place of residence (home, hospital, assisted living facility, nursing home, Care Dimensions Hospice house, or Kaplan Family Hospice House).
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent skills in listening and communicating with patients and their families/ caregivers to assist in processing memories and emotions evoked through the creative experience.
- Licensed driver with reliable transportation and automobile insurance.