You haven't searched anything yet.
Title: Full Charge Bookkeeper
Position Type: Full Time
1. Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Manage outsourced functions
3. Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
4. Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
1. Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
2. Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
3. Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly
4. Process payroll in a timely manner
5. Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
6. Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
7. Maintain the chart of accounts
8. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
9. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
1. Issue timely and complete financial statements
2. Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
3. Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
4. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
5. Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
6. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
7. Provide for a system of management cost reports
8. Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
1. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
2. Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
3. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
4. Desired Qualifications: The Bookkeeper candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Experience working with QuickBooks and General ledger is a must.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.46 - $28.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
25 - 50
The job skills required for Full Charge Bookkeeper include Bookkeeping, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Financial Statements, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Full Charge Bookkeeper. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Full Charge Bookkeeper. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Full Charge Bookkeeper positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Full Charge Bookkeeper, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Bookkeeper, Sr. that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Full Charge Bookkeeper. You can explore the career advancement for a Full Charge Bookkeeper below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Full Charge Bookkeeper, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Full Charge Bookkeeper for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Full Charge Bookkeeper job description and responsibilities
A full charge bookkeeper performs accounting and bookkeeping duties for an organization, typically small or medium-sized businesses.
02/09/2022: Providence, RI
Expenses for payroll, equipment and supplies, and taxes are just a few of the things a full-charge bookkeeper may keep track of.
03/06/2022: Ventura, CA
Full charge bookkeepers need to understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and be able to perform double-entry bookkeeping.
01/25/2022: Knoxville, TN
Reconciled cash, checks and credit card charges to daily sales by location, daily cash deposits to Quickbooks, daily credit card batches to Quickbooks.
12/26/2021: New York, NY
Full-Charge Bookkeeper will maintain accounting records for the multiple entities.
02/02/2022: Petersburg, VA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Full Charge Bookkeeper jobs
Bookkeepers may be working with people who have varied levels of financial expertise or comprehension so that they'll need to learn how to adapt their communication approach to meet people’s needs.
02/21/2022: Lincoln, NE
Bookkeepers also perform different responsibility such as management training, familiarizing accounting software and prepare and present financial statements and tax returns.
01/01/2022: Waco, TX
Full Charge Bookkeepers are keen to details and investigate more on general ledger than an entry level bookkeepers.
12/30/2021: Santa Fe, NM
Skills like Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable and Full-Charge Bookkeeping performs almost the same functions.
12/27/2021: Norfolk, VA
Nearly all bookkeepers working with this level of responsibility also need to have management training, and also be familiar with accounting software and how to prepare and present financial statements and tax returns.
12/20/2021: Troy, NY
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Full Charge Bookkeeper.