The Mechanic position is responsible for repairing and servicing power equipment used non-commercially. Mechanics utilize a variety of techniques in order to diagnose the source of problems. They take apart engines and check for signs of wear and tear. In addition, they repair or replace defective components. Servicing the engines is also part of their job role, and this involves lubricating the parts to make the engine’s operation smoother, as well as estimating repair expenses.
Summary of essential job functions:
· Oversight of the specific necessities in the department
· Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing prompt, reliable repair service on their personal power equipment.
· Provide repair service for the store’s rental equipment.
· Maintain an orderly, clean shop environment to safely work in.
· Analyze the business in your department and contribute ideas to increase sales.
· Provide customer service at the front counter when needed.
· Assist customers with purchasing appropriate equipment and parts.
· Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Store Manager.
· A thorough knowledge of the operation of the equipment as well as problem-solving abilities is crucial.
· Completion of formal training programs and/or 3 years’ experience is desirable.
· Able to communicate with associates and customers clearly.
· Able to follow directions and complete tasks.
· The capacity to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
· Physical ability to stand for extended periods.
· Move and handle tools, parts and equipment which entails lifting frequently 100 pounds.
· Perform all functions as set forth above.
· Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities (ADA requirements) to perform the essential functions.
The job skills required for Mechanic include Customer Service, Repairing, Problem Solving etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Mechanic. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Mechanic. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.