Unarmed Security Officer
Observed & Report
Walmarts throughout the Bakersfield area
Premium Rate for those with a Flexible schedule
Starting Rate: $21 an Hr
Shift Type: Swing Shifts/Weekend Availability
Requirements: Driver's License, Guard Card, 40hrs BSIS Certificates(Brosnan can help you get the additional 32hrs if you do not have it.)
Here at Brosnan Risk Consultants, our culture encourages and supports diversity throughout the workplace! We offer both full time and part time opportunities. We also pride ourselves on promoting within. Many of our employees began their career as a Security Officer and today we are proud to say they have become a part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, along with 401K, (company match).
We also offer advanced training opportunities through our Learning Management System (LMS).
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Law enforcement or military experience preferred but not required
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
- Mus have Excellent Customer Service Skills!
- Proven experience as security officer or guard
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have successfully completed all state mandated training
- Must have minimum 1 year of experience in security
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must project a professional appearance
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must pass a 5 panel drug test
- Valid CA Guard License
- Proof of successful completion of Power to Arrest/ Weapons of Mass Destruction Training and 32-hour training in security officer skills*
- Annual 8 Hour Training as required for BSIS for continued employment
*Qualified candidates who are unable to provide Certificates of completion may be offered employment contingent on completion of required courses prior to Start Date.
California PPO# 120370
At Brosnan, we strive to ensure all our customer's needs are met, and no security posts are left uncovered. This requires us to have a deep bench of highly qualified security officers ready to stand in for full-time and part-time employees when they cannot work.
- This is an excellent opportunity for those looking for a second or third income, retired, or anyone looking for employment outside the standard full-time or part-time availability.
- These are fill-in positions, much like a substitute teacher.
- You can provide us with the days and hours you are available.
- All shifts (nights/weekends)
- If a shift comes up when you have identified availability, you will be paid a premium rate to cover the shift.
- Shifts are always available, so you will most likely be called upon weekly.
- The shift will most like be one of the retail locations we cover.
- A BSIS Security Officer license maybe be required, and payment assistance is available if needed.
- You let us know when you are available and when you are not. Together, we will create a mutually beneficial opportunity. 2nd and 3rd shifts will be our most common need.
- As a Security Officer, you will often be the first person people interact with at an assigned client site. You will maintain a positive environment and experience for guests within this client site.
- The Flex Officer will gain a broad and specialized knowledge of various posts. Flex Officers will be evaluated for leadership and further growth potential. Solid and reliable performance as a Flex Officer will earn the Security Officer consideration for assignment to supervisory or other leadership posts. Ideally, Flex Officers will develop career paths to further growth within the Company.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for client property and personnel security and safety.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site about personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.