We have a new Operations Manager position open in the St. Louis area!
Here at Brosnan Risk Consultants, our culture encourages and supports diversity throughout the workplace! We offer both full-time and part-time opportunities. We also pride ourselves on promoting within. Many of our employees began their careers as Security officers, and today, we are proud to say they have become a part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT). We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage and 401K (company match).
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
- Brosnan is looking for an Operations Manager (OM) responsible for managing and executing the staffing and operational needs of all sites in the OM’s Regional Operations Center (ROC).
- The duties of this position include scheduling shifts, monitoring the security officer’s smartphone clock-ins and clock-outs, staffing ad hoc / temporary last-minute work requests, working with Human Resources (HR) recruiters to ensure staffing levels are always met, proactively managing and reducing unbilled overtime and many other operational responsibilities.
- The ideal candidate for this position is a great multi-tasker, can handle stress well, and can prioritize various tasks that must be completed promptly. This position reports to the ROC Manager and works closely with the local, regional, and district managers.
- Schedule security officers (SOs) into shifts
- Monitor SOs smartphone app clock-ins and clock-outs
- Work with HR to issue counseling forms for latenesses and lousy behavior
- Fill shifts where the SO calls out last minute
- Schedule ad hoc / last-minute temporary sites when necessary
- Work with the regional HR recruiter to ensure all service needs are correctly being addressed and individuals are hired to fulfill all positions, and replacements are hired when needed.
- Recommend removal of SOs from posts based on client complaints, attendance problems, or other performance issues; advises management of any staffing problems that may arise as client requirements change
- Escalate important Incident Reports and other reports to the relevant Brosnan manager(s) and client manager(s)
- Manage Field Supervisors and ensure proper site inspection protocols are followed
- Recommend operational improvements and efficiencies to your ROC manager
- Provide daily operations oversight for outside teams
- Communicate to all field personnel, policies, and procedures by HR regulations
- Work with Logistics and the local, and regional team to manage uniforms and equipment inventories
- Ensure all new hires are trained on BRC policies and procedures. (Instead of a Field Trainer)
- Constantly review training material with subordinates to ensure compliance with the BRC Policies and Procedures and their knowledge of their post orders
- Evaluation and development of supervised personnel
- Ensure Lighthouse & eHub are being adequately utilized by SOs and Field Supervisors
- Maintains current knowledge of site contract requirements, including SO training requirements
- Maintain all SO’s availability, time worked, and SO client exclusion lists
- Manage requests for time off, including vacation and personal leave requests
- Assist HR with an annual performance review of Field Supervisors and SOs
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have a valid, state-issued Driver’s License and clean driving record
- A US citizen or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States
- Must present a professional image
- Excellent communication skills; customer service experience is a plus
- Skilled multi-tasker
- Keen attention to detail
- Reliable transportation and proximity to the ROC
- seven years of Supervisory and scheduling experience required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Technology savvy
- Security industry experience
- Experience using scheduling software
- WinTeam experience is a plus
- Military Veteran (honorable discharge) or Law Enforcement experience
- Dispatch Experience
- Prior Command Center Experience (Private or Public sectors)