At Brinkmann, our purpose is people and our passion is building.
Is creativity at your core to provide the best right answer? Are you managing large construction projects as if they are your own? Are you always prepared to build success with honesty and accountability? Do you stand up and speak out on behalf of your new and repeat clients?
If these values are important to you, apply now!
Our Top Incentives:
- 100% Employee Owned
- Competitive salary and annual merit increase
- Annual bonus program
- Company contributed 401K
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with HSA
- Work life balance
- Service Awards including paid sabbaticals and milestone bonus
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Community involvement, team building events and “Fun Committee” celebrations
- Positive and collaborative work environment
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting activities for large $20 million dollar, turn-key commercial construction projects. This position is involved in the conceptual development of construction projects and oversees the fast-paced organization, scheduling and implementation. You will succeed by contributing to an industry leading organization that inspires confidence with proven success for over 35 years and revenue growth over $750 million.
- Estimate and takeoff the scope, cost and duration of project; analyze bids made by subcontractors; select and contract subcontractors and prepare the bid proposal for submission to the owner.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions.
- Find the best right answer by recommending methods, materials and layouts to reduce construction costs based on design needs/capabilities.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses; direct or monitor compliance with building and safety codes, other regulations, and requirements set by the project’s insurers.
- Confer with project team, owners and design professionals to discuss and resolve work procedures, complaints, construction problems, etc.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods to drive down costs, save time and deliver value for our clients.
- Maintain the communication, progress and productive mutual interaction of various stakeholders in such a way that overall risk of failure is reduced.
- Determine and implement the exact needs of the client; form close relations with the various stakeholders to ensure the key issues of cost, time, quality and client satisfaction can be realized.
- Supervise the project engineer; ultimately the position is responsible for informally directing and monitoring the project team including project superintendent and administrative support.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks including maintaining construction documents and processing paperwork; including pay applications, etc.
- Complete accounting reports, invoice owners and collect payments.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure quality of construction.
- Position requires frequent, high-level of autonomy as it relates to decision-making that impacts company results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field and 3-5 years of related experience/training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant experience leading large-scale, ground-up construction projects of $20 million in diverse commercial markets, including High-Rise, Multifamily/Student Housing, Senior Living, Large Box Industrial and Hospitality
- Proven knowledge of materials and methods involved in the construction of sitework and commercial structures
- Proven knowledge of design principles involved in production of blueprints and drawings; ability to comprehend construction documents and drawings.
- Established construction management and business principles through strategic scheduling, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources; including motivating and leading people as they work.
- Demonstrate principles and processes for providing customer service; verbal or written communication to convey information effectively; representing the organization positively to external customers
- Knowledge of relevant permitting requirements to promote effective local and state operations.
- Capability to identify complex problems, collaborate to evaluate options, and implement solutions.
- Ability to negotiate with others.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Procore, Microsoft Office suite, and SharePoint
- Skilled at identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Travel is likely as clients and projects are regional and national
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company, for this position currently or in the future
The job skills required for Project Manager include Planning, Scheduling, Construction Management, Microsoft Office, Written Communication, Futures, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Manager.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Manager.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Scheduling
Scripps Media Inc
For the skill of Construction Management
1 Day Ago
The following is the career advancement route for Project Manager positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Project Manager,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Planner/Scheduler IV - Construction that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Project Manager. You can explore the career advancement for a Project Manager below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Manager for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Project Manager job description and responsibilities
Managers ensure that the project team members are meeting the deadlines and following the guidelines.
02/11/2022: Montgomery, AL
Project managers also give and take regular updates from team members and conduct status meeting etc.
04/15/2022: Harrisburg, PA
Therefore, a project manager must be flexible enough to work within a project’s plan but readily adapt when necessary.
02/10/2022: Frankfort, KY
During this phase, project managers strive to ensure all activities necessary to achieve the final result are completed.
02/04/2022: Concord, NH
Days can be filled with planning the project process, creating a budget, managing a team or communicating with clients.
04/16/2022: Riverside, CA
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Project Manager jobs
Leverage tools for project management.
02/21/2022: Portland, ME
Learn from other high-performing project managers.
04/06/2022: Virginia Beach, VA
Set realistic, yet ambitious deliverables.
03/04/2022: Atlantic City, NJ
Set Realistic Expectations to Avoid Project Delays.
03/01/2022: Philadelphia, PA
Be a Fearless Project Manager.
03/16/2022: Norwich, CT